Civic Si what to do?

CivicSleep24

Hi everyone, I bought my friends 2000 Honda civic Si off him cause he couldn't take up that project and money was tight for him. lol.

I have never owned a car this is my first car =)

I know this car is good for fuel economy, and point A to B sorta thing... But I want more from it.

I have seen some sweet civics around Vancouver and all the way down to California.

With that being said I would like to know what are the basics of having a good "Sleeper" or whatever they are called. I don't want to be called a "RICER" or anything... Every project i have done i have taken my time, and planed out a budget and stuff.
I have been in a auto classes since grade 8 (5 years) I can do mostly everything need to be done on the car just need a place to start. Any ideas?

I am in High School and have a better paying job then my friends job. So i have more money to spend on the need parts for this project.

Pictures of the car ( http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=223659 )

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't add anything to the interior or exterior, and drop a k24a2 with a DC5 type R transmission in it with hasport ekk2 mounts, trim the underside of the hood, and tune it.

Sleeper status will be yours

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Don't add anything to the interior or exterior, and drop a k24a2 with a DC5 type R transmission in it with hasport ekk2 mounts, trim the underside of the hood, and tune it.

Sleeper status will be yours
The man knows what he's talking about.

ewilliams1990

You seriously made a new username and posted the same question you posted on your other account?

We spoon fed you the exact steps to take. Research and plan out what to do. We cannot build your car for you.

You have a civic Canadian SI which correct me if i'm wrong is equivalent of US civic ex. d16y8 engine. It's been said thousands of times, SWAP IT or BOOST.

CivicSleep24

Where is a good place to buy "k24a2 with a DC5 type R transmission" I looked on Ebay there like $1,000-$5,000 Any other website or store where I can get it? Same with the "hasport ekk2 mounts"

Thanks

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where is a good place to buy "k24a2 with a DC5 type R transmission" I looked on Ebay there like $1,000-$5,000 Any other website or store where I can get it? Same with the "hasport ekk2 mounts"

Thanks
They dont come together, you'll be looking at roughly $2500 for a trustworthy k24a2 and around $1200 or more for a solid type R transmission. Unless someone was parting out a project car, dont expect the prices to be much less than that. The only places I trust charge top dollar but with good reason.

Www.Hmotorsonline.com
www.k-tuned.com
Www.hybrid-racing.com

CO671

Registered VIP

Thanks
If you're thinking the whole swap's gonna be under $5,000 flat you're going to have a bad time.
Thankfully CHILD already posted the links ^

CivicSleep24

You seriously made a new username and posted the same question you posted on your other account?

We spoon fed you the exact steps to take. Research and plan out what to do. We cannot build your car for you.

You have a civic Canadian SI which correct me if i'm wrong is equivalent of US civic ex. d16y8 engine. It's been said thousands of times, SWAP IT or BOOST.
Why would my friend that sold me his car and gone back to his pride and joy witch he spent his life savings into that car and only had another $1000 to start another project... and why would he make another account on a forum for a car he does not own??? Answer me that.:cool:

Yes i know my friends a idiot for starting something with no money. but he does have a sweet ass ride.:D

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you're thinking the whole swap's gonna be under $5,000 flat you're going to have a bad time.
Thankfully CHILD already posted the links ^
True stuff. The only way it could be under 5k in total, is a part out or someone selling a k swapped car but even then it wouldn't be a nice one unless someone was really REALLY desperate

CivicSleep24

CO671 What you mean by " you're going to have a bad time."???

Thanks guys for the help Ill start the swap journeying Christmas break, Not like I can drive the car in the snow anyway!
So hopefully my project will be finished around mid January.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Must be rich. Good luck with that, especially trying to get parts during or right after the holiday season

CivicSleep24

No just have a lot of money saved up was planing on buying a 2012 Chevy Tahoe but bought this civic. I was gonna buy the parts in November and install them on break cause I wouldn't be able to drive the car in the snow.

Well thanks for saying that i guess :D lol

CO671

Registered VIP

-------------------------------------------------------------

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^exactly. That's my idea of a sleeper

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I always look to see what side the radiator's mounted :thumbs up
They have full sized radiators and passenger side radiators, also options to make use of the stock dual core passenger side radiator. So checking that doesn't help much anymore