civic taillights

deaconwagers

...now rockin an integra
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what's up?
just wanted to know if anyone knows where i can find a set of the old-school style clear taillights. you know, the ones everyone had before euros and altezzas? i'd like a set for a custom taillight project, but can't seem to find them anywhere (i don't know if they even still make them). anyways, any info would be cool

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think he wants them to fit a 89 dx hatch.

deaconwagers

...now rockin an integra
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea, like those. ebay was the first place i looked, but i do want em for an 89

Compulsive322

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
try procarparts.com they have taillights....i cant remember if they are clear or not....

deaconwagers

...now rockin an integra
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no dice. guess i might just go ahead and spring for jdm's, that's the look i was going for (red with a full amber corner) without the price. but if anyone else knows, hook me up

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
rarely i have seen them on ebay now, i used to have a set till i got rear ended in my first 88 hatchie.

KDoGx504

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you might get a traffic ticket if you have clear taillights. over here in cali, you are required to have red reflectors

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
KDoGx504 said:
you might get a traffic ticket if you have clear taillights. over here in cali, you are required to have red reflectors
i believe that's teh law in every other state as-well.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:woot:

No red reflector = ticket in most places... Even if you have a red reflector some cops are morons and will ticket you anyway.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
:woot:

No red reflector = ticket in most places... Even if you have a red reflector some cops are morons and will ticket you anyway.
or even with teh red reflective tape.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't think he wants to keep the taillights clear. Sounds liek he wants to paint them to match the JDM ones, but doesn't want to lay down the cash for the JDM ones.

deaconwagers

...now rockin an integra
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I don't think he wants to keep the taillights clear. Sounds liek he wants to paint them to match the JDM ones, but doesn't want to lay down the cash for the JDM ones.
dang straight. i want jdm's, but not just because they're jdm. i think that they look cleaner than the u.s. ones, but that's money i could spend on something else for my car. translation: i'm a broke biotch trying to mod my car (wish me luck ;) )

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sounds like me. I say I like the interior clock that other countries have in 6th gen Civics and suddenly I'm some kind of JDM whore or something. Note that the clock I'm talking about comes in vehicles other than Japanese sold ones. In fact I first saw it on a car from the Phillipenes (it's also EDM too though). If anyone has access to a clock I'd gladly buy it off of them!

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
89slohatch said:
dang straight. i want jdm's, but not just because they're jdm. i think that they look cleaner than the u.s. ones, but that's money i could spend on something else for my car. translation: i'm a broke biotch trying to mod my car (wish me luck ;) )
i hope you know that the jdm tails aren't all red!

booze_b

At work CC user
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jspeczcturbo said:
i hope you know that the jdm tails aren't all red!
89slohatch said:
no dice. guess i might just go ahead and spring for jdm's, that's the look i was going for (red with a full amber corner) without the price. but if anyone else knows, hook me up

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
yes true, but good luck finding the amber paint, adn yeah doing this would be rice in my book, sure the real things may cost about, but i'd rather have the real things then home made look-a-likes.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
First got to Imageshack.us to host the image. The post the image by typing

deaconwagers

...now rockin an integra
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rice or not, it looks the same and it's a lot cheaper. like nofx said, i don't care about whether or not it's real jdm. in a lot of cases, jdm = overpriced as crap