Civic to EV???

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
I don't know about you guys but I do spend a lot of time and money on maintenance for my car. So I have been thinking, would it be worth it to convert my Civic to all electric? Sure there is the drop in performance and all that...but honestly, it not like we are driving Ferraris...and a good kit that would deliver about 185hp equivalent is about 5500...It is awful tempting no? no more fuel fill ups. no more oil changes, non of that, it would just work....thoughts?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have at it...

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i f**king hate electric cars.

just because u eliminate the petro engine doesn;t mean you're not going to have to maintain them. and the initial cost of the vehicle will take so long to pay off. plus those batteries don't last forever.

even if u talk about going from a car that gets 20mpg to one that gets 40mpg. the inital cost of the new econobox really takes a long time to pay off.

if i had to get better economy i would get a high mpg gas engine car. like a skyactive mazda or a hyundai. they both have cars in the high 30's for mpgs. and when they got low on gas u could always fill them up. instead of waiting 16 hours to drive another 100 miles

all electric would not work where i live.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not to mention that batteries put off harmful byproducts also...

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not to mention that batteries put off harmful byproducts also...
^

plus u might think electricity is a clean energy but most of it is either coal or nuclear. hardly any of it is renewable.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm interested and subscribed. When does the build get underway?
once he figures out how the mr. fusion home energy eeactor converts household waste to power.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where can I buy one of those? Me needs one. Does Amazon have it?
you'll have to as mr. brown

leave your letter in a barn inside a yellow biohazard suit and he;ll get back to you in 50 years

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^

plus u might think electricity is a clean energy but most of it is either coal or nuclear. hardly any of it is renewable.
yet far more eco friendly that the current setup in his car.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Electric vehicle huh.. Not bad not bad man, not bad at all. i have an LEV. somewhat like an EV.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Electric vehicle huh.. Not bad not bad man, not bad at all. i have an LEV. somewhat like an EV.
actually its not even close lol

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mine just has an extra letter.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
solution:

get a diesel car, convert it to run on waste oil.

solved.

some places will even pay u to take away their used oil.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tdi golf or jetta

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
the older ones are a good choice because people have been swapping those in to suzuki samurais for some time in the wheeling community.