Civic Type-S review

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
We have members in Europe. =) Besides, we have tons of threads on Civic Type Rs and we don't get those here either.
in his defense though, your more likely to see type R replica cars --- heck, even real typeR's - than you are to see any kind of edm 8th gen

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
European market diseasels seldom meet USDM emission standards

Like the Jeep Liberty Diesel. It's motor was made by VM Motori in Italy. The motor is fine in Europe but it never met CA standards and only met US standards for a short time.
You'll probably never see a Liberty diesel legally registered in California.
...and you'll almost certainly not see a Civic diesel anytime soon

So, maybe they'll use that body style for the next Civic GX??????AT/PZEV Cleanest car on earth.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
in his defense though, your more likely to see type R replica cars --- heck, even real typeR's - than you are to see any kind of edm 8th gen
Well sure, but I don't think that's any decent reason to close the thread just because we won't see it here in the US almost 100%. ;)
Beelzebubba said:
So, maybe they'll use that body style for the next Civic GX??????AT/PZEV Cleanest car on earth.
I think the new GX will probably follow in the footsteps of the last two gens of GXs. I think it will be a sedan (FA4). The motor's another R18 (R18A4).

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Well sure, but I don't think that's any decent reason to close the thread
obviously the thread is still open if your still posting in it and i never said anything about closing it

i said its a worthless thread because who really gives a f**k about this diesal EDM car that we're NEVER going to swap motors for and we're NEVER going to see in the US? sure we see things about type Rs, we also see things like JDM type r front end conversions, motor swaps, etc.... we never really have anythiing to do with the EDM stuff

true we do have EDM users on this board, but i've personally never seen any of them post in here... :what:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
obviously the thread is still open if your still posting in it and i never said anything about closing it

i said its a worthless thread because who really gives a f**k about this diesal EDM car that we're NEVER going to swap motors for and we're NEVER going to see in the US? sure we see things about type Rs, we also see things like JDM type r front end conversions, motor swaps, etc.... we never really have anythiing to do with the EDM stuff

true we do have EDM users on this board, but i've personally never seen any of them post in here... :what:
Actually, this motor I think could end up in some of our models here in the US>

Like I said before, it also comes in the Accord, FR-V and CR-V. Now, I doubt we'll get the FR-V and the Accord diesel might not sell as well here either, but as stated in the thread abotu 2007 modesl, the US IS getting a diesel CR-V.

Wouldn't it make sense to use this motor, which is already set up to be installed in CR-Vs (because it's sold in them overseas)? I don't figure it'd be exactly the same, but few motors are exactly the same when compared between countries.

So perhaps we'll end up with the N22A2 or 3 or something in our CR-Vs next year. ;) it's not too much of a stretch.

I guess Honda could try to comete against VWs diesel options too, but they haven't in the past so I don't know if they'd do it now.

Oh yeah, and EDM parts ftw. I have an EDM clock and would love more EDM parts. :D

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no thread delivering information imo is worthless.. please try to keep it on topic... who knows how the future will unroll we may at soem point be presented wiht a situation or technology that requires us to think outside the box and resort to things like motors we would not typically be using..

= )

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:

well, it might open up the possibility of a 6spd swap onto the usdm r18 civics :what:

that might be kinda cool, now if you could only put a header on the r18.....

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A 6spd swap would be pretty cool.

And I don't think you need to put a header on an R18....

I'm just infering from what I know about the motor, I COULD be completely wrong there.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Sion0x said:
And I don't think you need to put a header on an R18....

I'm just infering from what I know about the motor, I COULD be completely wrong there.
that was kind of my point... you cant put an aftermarket header on the r18 that i know of
last time i checked, the exhaust manifold and the head were one piece...

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
that might be kinda cool, now if you could only put a header on the r18.....
hahaha, if only the R18 was worth a s**t THEN it might be kind of cool :lol:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
hahaha, if only the R18 was worth a s**t THEN it might be kind of cool :lol:
LOL

give it time bruddah, the engine needs time to develope a following :mrgreen:

if the d16 got a following, then the r18's gonna blow it outa the water in a few years.... i'm guessing

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think the R18 has enormous potential (yes i'm biased because I own one)

Rumors of it taking well to boost....

It has enormous gains from exhaust and cold air intake.

Just you all wait....

It'll be shredding up tracks eventually.

TheCrazy1

i-VTEC addict
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The R18 definitely has potential. I feel this way and I have an SI.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wish I felt as strongly as you all, i'm not even going to bother, just going to leeave it be and when the time comes, swap

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
I wish I felt as strongly as you all, i'm not even going to bother, just going to leeave it be and when the time comes, swap
:werd:
same path bro