Civic with b18 shaking at idle & hesitant accelration

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys so lately my civics been shaking A LOT when I'm idling at lights of stop signs or wherever, and sometimes it will hesitate when I'm accelerating from a stop. Hard to explain but it looses all power for 3 or 4 seconds sometimes while i'm accelerating from a stop, then it'll just lunge forward once it gets over whatever issue its having lol. But yeah the shaking is pretty annoying at times because of things tapping against each other. I have a full b18c1 swap with innovative mounts, one thing I was thinking is that since I'm using my old 16 year old d15b7 fuel pump perhaps it might not be delivering enough fuel so I was thinking of getting a Walbro 190lph pump since it's cheaper than a new oem one. Any ideas/opinions?

CodeName_EJ6

ASE Certified Mechanic
Check the iacv it may need to be clean. Run over your connections again maybe something came out... and you should of been changed that fuel pump although I don't think that's the problem

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I cleaned both the iacv and fitv a couple months ago but I'll check it again this weekend. Yeah I was hoping it was the fuel pump just cause at least thats an easy fix lol but from what I've read it doesn't make the most sense. It wasn't doing this right after the swap so maybe you're right and something just came loose.

Anymore ideas are welcome though lol