ClubCivic - Meet Barney!!

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
due to the nature of the complicated situation... short and simply put, Mr. Chunky is dead, not being revived, will be parting it out and leaving it at that... will still have to pay it off...

This is my 3rd Civic since being a member here....

Specs:
1993 Honda Civic DX Coupe
OEM Color: Camellia Red Pearl (where did they get red from purple??)
Motor: D15B7
Amenities: Everything is manual except the tranny; Has working AC
Price tag: Free99

On with the pics, more information AFTER the pics

Only Picture I have from picking it up... filthy as f**k...

Went and got the car washed and vaccumed... came out a lot cleaner...

Rockin the OEM 13" dunkies

My GF's dad taken care of the stickers that was stuck ON the paint

Rockin the blades

Okay, heres the legality side of the dealio:

First off, the title was lost ... with that said, the transfer process is taking longer because the paper has to be notarized... so that should be happening today, then i'll taken the paper(s) to DMV. The care (as you can probably tell from the pics) has expired tags... never was filed under non-op and never paid for registration, so I'll have to take the heat on that one from DMV :thumbdown: - went to go get the cheap ass insurance yesterday, but they were closed... sucky sucky...

Okay, here's the details on the car side of the dealio:

Car just sat in the driveway for a few years... so when I got there, we we're able to jump the car.. and it seem to run just fine. Was informed it may need new tires.. well the front 2 were extremely low on air, but we were able to drive it down the street fill it up. So front tires aren't bad at all, rear tires are showing cracks...

So we got back to the house, turned it off, but it wouldn't turn back on... battery is just dead. So went down to Kragen and bought a new battery (too bad it couldn't wait, I wanna get the PWJDM battery holder & oddessy battery, well... for now). Car now has a working battery but the gas tank is completely empty.. luckily next door neighbor had a gas tank and was able to get me back to the gas station to fill it up (not bad, only $27 for 8gallon full tank!)

So driving home... the windows are like permanently frosted or something, I'm going to do my best to fix it so it's crystal clear again but sometimes hard to see at night time ... hopefully i don't have to buy new windows.. so far i was able to clean it up somewhat, but it's a lot of work...

Okay so yesterday comes around... I woke up... went and got the oil changed... air filter is clean... apparently there is a leak in the transmission pan ... whatev... minor s**t... for now... and the car is "clean"

This is where the GSR blades come in. I picked them up.. .but 2 of the tires are going bald, 2 have good tread, but one has a flat that they won't repair because of the camber wear.... so right now... I'm rocking the 2 good dunkies on the front... two blades in the back.. gonna go get the tires taken off the other two blades, go have them polished up (just like i had done with my Si rims from the blackrat) get new tires and repair the process....

so right now... no major mods.. i mean, i need to buy new side mirrors cuz the ones on there now.. will not hold in place, they keep falling down and all I see is the freaking road.. so that's an inconvenience. Fix the GSR blades and put new tires... after that i'll working on cleaning up the engine bay, new fluids and all that s**t

So.. there's barney.. any questions just ask

Last edited:

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahahaha....congrats? :|

;) :lol:

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice pickup man, definetely a fixer upper

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad to see you got something quick, good luck with it.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well it will get you around ... sucks it isnt a manual but hell it was free ... pm jpcrash though he is interested in the springs from chunky if they will fit an 07 si.

and springs are hella cheap when you decide to drop this one .... as you know 92-00 civs and 94-01 integras share the same ... but 96-00 civic rears wont fit.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well it will get you around ... sucks it isnt a manual but hell it was free ... pm jpcrash though he is interested in the springs from chunky if they will fit an 07 si.

and springs are hella cheap when you decide to drop this one .... as you know 92-00 civs and 94-01 integras share the same ... but 96-00 civic rears wont fit.
well it'll probably be awhile before I can expect to part out mr. chunky, he's still chillin at the body shop (as a place of storage for right now)

and yeah to be quite honest, i feel more in place with this civic than the 8th gen... i know all the parts and ins/outs :thumbup:

LazyDC5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey simple car for point a - point b yaddddddddddaiiiii

good lucck with the project mr seanjohn

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! =)

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good luck with it, sucks it auto but better than not having a car.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha...got blades already?! ...good luck with this one.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
GL on the build.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey simple car for point a - point b yaddddddddddaiiiii
yaadddaammmeeann!!!! <3 u 2

sucks it auto but better than not having a car.
Troof!

haha...got blades already?!
shiet, you know how I roll!

has potential..!
fa sheezy!!!!

GL on the build.

you can't beat free.....
my thoughts exactly! :cool:

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how'd u get it for free anyways?
"brother in-law" old car. he never drove it and it just sat and sat and sat in the driveway... i was in need, he knew my situation and said let me help you out... free car :thumbup:

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:word:

hmm...i say join me in the venture for boost heaven!

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha quad-damage had like a 99 dx 4 door and was hitting 15s with an auto and boost so if you go that route there is potential