Clutch pedal gummy, can't get into gear when running

19ef90

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
clutch petal feels gummy, cant get car into gear when running. if i put it in first, push down clutch petal and turn it over, my car moves as if the clutch isent all the way disengaged. topped the fluid off, still no change what so ever.

could this be the clutch master cylinder? or could this mean my clutch is gone?

please help, i need my car for work. i know close to nothing about hydro trannies(im a cable kinda guy, lol)
any help is greatly appreciated. =)

TauntDevil

clutch petal feels gummy, cant get car into gear when running. if i put it in first, push down clutch petal and turn it over, my car moves as if the clutch isent all the way disengaged. topped the fluid off, still no change what so ever.

could this be the clutch master cylinder? or could this mean my clutch is gone?

please help, i need my car for work. i know close to nothing about hydro trannies(im a cable kinda guy, lol)
any help is greatly appreciated. =)
To me it sounds like your clutch is going out. I had the same problem but i replace my clutch and while at it i replaced my flywheel just in case. Cost me about $120 from Checkers but it was on sale at the time. If im wrong i hope someone here will tell you whats wrong. Im still learning on mechanical stuff. =) Good luck with everything

19ef90

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
To me it sounds like your clutch is going out. I had the same problem but i replace my clutch and while at it i replaced my flywheel just in case. Cost me about $120 from Checkers but it was on sale at the time. If im wrong i hope someone here will tell you whats wrong. Im still learning on mechanical stuff. =) Good luck with everything
thanks, thats what instantly came to mind when the clutch petal went gummy.

see, i just bought a 95 EX coupe, NO HONDA ROT at all, completely stock with mint interior today. even the vtec works on the completely stock z6. got it for $1000 and the clutch was bad and wasent catching right at first. i hoped to atleast get it home(25+ miles away), about 7 miles down the road i down shifter into second not thinking like a dummy just like i would have with my old sedan with an ACT stage 2 and i think thats what blew the clutch for good.. because right after that i couldent get it into gear when the light went green.:(

RonJ

Banned
Bleed the clutch hydraulic system. Look into buying the inexpensive One Man Bleed Tool, as it makes the job very easy.