clutch problems

yeevaj

5+ Year Member
so this morning when i started my car and tried to put it into gear...it wouldn't go in...i stepped on the clutch pedal all the way in and still couldn't get it in...so i turned off the car and put it into gear and started it again...the car started rolling foward and shaking...i was on the clutch while it was moving forward... i turned it off again and started it up and this time it went into gear...this is the third time this happened...

what do you guys think...bad clutch? any idea what it might be...

yeevaj

5+ Year Member
oh yeah...i took the tranny apart a few months ago to check it out but the clutch was still good and still had a lot of life left on it...

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Your throw out bearing/clutch fork is gone. You will need to pull out the tranny again to have a look.

vtec4me

5+ Year Member
I know this may be a dumb sugestion but is there clutch fluid?

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yes there is "brake/hydraulic" fluid for the clutch master and slave. Worst case scenario, the lines may have broke.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check to make sure you have brake fluid on your clutch resevoir. If you dont have fluid. you wont have a clutch to use. If you have fluid, make sure you bleed all the air out of it. If theres no air in there, have someone push the clutch pedal in, and while they do that, watch the clutch slave cylinder to make sure its pushing the clutch release fork. If it dosent move, the slave cylinder is bad. If it does move and moves the fork, your clutch is just straight up shot.