clutch question

yeevaj

5+ Year Member
2000 honda civic si w/vortech supercharger

my clutch feels kinda weird...every time i step on the pedal it feel like its pulsing...i feel it when i slowly press on the pedal...i tried bleeding the clutch fluids for air bubble and there were some but got them out....and i also checked the clutch fluid reservoir and it looks kinda dirty...would it matter if its dirty?...i'll bleed it all out and put some new ones in...and also since all that is happening my car drives kinda rough now...

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how old is the clutch? could be slipping..could be warped. What kind of clutch?

yeevaj

5+ Year Member
clutch is almost 2 yrs old but has less than 10k miles on it...

bensmoore

5+ Year Member
combination of both probably .. if the fingers are bent then your throwout bearing will probably go soon after.....

bensmoore

5+ Year Member
change it ... but there is no sense in pullin the trans if your only going to do the bearing .. should just replace the clutch and turn the flywheel while your in there

yeevaj

5+ Year Member
that's what i was thinking too...but right now i'm tight on cash...but i don't want to take the tranny apart again...urgh...such a tough choice....

yeevaj

5+ Year Member
fixed!...took me a week but its done...turns out it wasn't the clutch or the t.o. bearing...there was a loose bolt hanging by a few threads...and the pressure plate was missing some bolts...who ever did the tranny did a poor job...could you imagine what that bolt could of done if it came off...boom...but yeah...its cool now