Coffee Talk

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So, i love coffee? Who else does? i drink about a gallon in a day or two.

Any good ones out there i should try? I want something new. I have some DD french vanilla and Folgers Classic in my dorm right now

Gunner

Registered VIP
i drink a lot of coffe but to be honest i put to much sugar and creamer in it to tell you what brand is the best LOL, its like crack for me that way. I know the KONA coffee is good tho.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hm ill have to look into it. yeah i normally drink it black since im to lazy to put it in.

haha i thought i was using a gallon jug to fill my coffee maker in my room, its actually two. no wonder i dont sleep much. thats a gallon a day

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a pot a day.

I was stuck on Starbuck's Guatemala Casi Cielo all of Dec. b/c it's a seasonal coffee. Otherwise I alternate between their Sumatra and Pete's. Pete's is found only online(around here anyhow). $14/bag and it'll last a bit over a month for me.

I fresh grind my coffee daily too.

Folger's is horrible bc they rinse their product. Also, Seattle's Best and Starbuck's tend to use the same beans, but roast them differently.

Tip I learned not long ago---
A BOLD or EXTRA BOLD roast has LESS caffeine than a LIGHT/MEDIUM blend. The beans are roasted longer, therefore losing more caffeine.

I prefer a bold/extra bold though for flavor.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a pot a day.

I was stuck on Starbuck's Guatemala Casi Cielo all of Dec. b/c it's a seasonal coffee. Otherwise I alternate between their Sumatra and Pete's. Pete's is found only online(around here anyhow). $14/bag and it'll last a bit over a month for me.

I fresh grind my coffee daily too.

Folger's is horrible bc they rinse their product. Also, Seattle's Best and Starbuck's tend to use the same beans, but roast them differently.

Tip I learned not long ago---
A BOLD or EXTRA BOLD roast has LESS caffeine than a LIGHT/MEDIUM blend. The beans are roasted longer, therefore losing more caffeine.

I prefer a bold/extra bold though for flavor.
I have a maker that puts it right into mugs, so idk how may pots i have lol but hmm 14 a bag isnt bad if its good. I dont own a grinder though which sucks, but oh well. college dorms have to many rules.

Folgers is cheap and not bad for the price so i get it. My campus also has two java citys and a starbucks on it though too, so im always drinking coffee

Thats weird the bold and extra bold has less caffeine, i would think they would have more. thats a neat thing to know. time to make some more coffee =)

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i love equator brand, my local market has it, i do not know if its for sale anywhere else but hot dog its good.

Gunner

Registered VIP
I did not know that either...... I honestly cant drink my coffee black as addicted as i am i cant stand the taste which is why i add all the creamer and sugar..usually moca or french vanilla or something.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a maker that puts it right into mugs, so idk how may pots i have lol but hmm 14 a bag isnt bad if its good. I dont own a grinder though which sucks, but oh well. college dorms have to many rules.

Folgers is cheap and not bad for the price so i get it. My campus also has two java citys and a starbucks on it though too, so im always drinking coffee

Thats weird the bold and extra bold has less caffeine, i would think they would have more. thats a neat thing to know. time to make some more coffee =)
You have a Keurig maker?!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wish, its like that though. lol thats not in the college&cars budget. I love my maker though, oh and i got it for 4 bucks at goodwill! best buy i ever made

The keurig is awesome though, i worked at a car audio shop and we had one for the customers and us. i loved it

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have a tassimo brew bot. I love the coffee it produces. Plus It makes awesome hot chocolate for the winter as well =)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
brew bot? hmm sounds like a robot that brings you coffee lol

CDubs

Registered VIP
i have as many DD mediums a day as my gf will give me....i get free coffee since she works there =) i usually have 3 or 4 cups a day though i have a Kureg so i have so many different flavors i love the rainforest nut one though

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Remember in Black Hawk Down, that dude that always made coffee? I think his name/nickname in it was Grimsey? Well, my friend is like that dude. No matter what we are doing, where we are at, whatever the situation is, he is drinking coffee. He calls if "chop".

He is one of those people that always has a pot brewing, also makes coffee with a French Press, iced coffee. Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever see him drink anything other than coffee. He drinks is black, with creamers, if it is coffee he is gonna drink it.

Me, I'm not a huge fan, I enjoy a cup here and there.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i hate you haha jk.

Eh so right now im having coffee with a little bit of tequila in it. not to bad, but not that great lol doesnt help its cheap stuff

ah i love coffee, i always have some in reach. i love the smell of hazelnut

Last edited:

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Remember in Black Hawk Down, that dude that always made coffee? I think his name/nickname in it was Grimsey? Well, my friend is like that dude. No matter what we are doing, where we are at, whatever the situation is, he is drinking coffee. He calls if "chop".

He is one of those people that always has a pot brewing, also makes coffee with a French Press, iced coffee. Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever see him drink anything other than coffee. He drinks is black, with creamers, if it is coffee he is gonna drink it.

Me, I'm not a huge fan, I enjoy a cup here and there.
My roomie and I are the same. Coffee, wine, or juice. We do not have a man friendly fridge. We start our day w/ coffee. We have juice/water throughout the day. We come home and have coffee. We end the evening with wine. SOMETIMES hot cocoa.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like coffee and juice, im down for your fridge lol

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im not a daily drinker, but i stop by starbucks and dunkin doughnuts from time to time and get some.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ehhhh, could never get myself to like coffee, it's just not in me. I guess it's a good thing, coffee can get pretty expensive....especially for people who don't make it themselves. s**t, 95% of what I drink is water from the tap.