Common problems on 6th Gens

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by OmegaCivic
Did you learn how to drive manual on your Civic? Cuz that might explain why. What was happening to the trans that it needed a rebuild?
ya my whole family learned to drive a stick on my car..well, my mom, dad, and older brother "remembered" how to drive stick on my car, and me and my twin brother learned on my car....That has something to do with it, but we all learned really fast..I think it was just one of those 1 in a million shitty trannies...The problem was I couldnt downshift into second gear, and then when it was in 2nd gear, if I would let off the gas and the get back on the gas, not necessarily hammering the gas, it would throw the shifter out of 2nd and grind and sound like the tranny just fell out of the car....but like I said, I think my tranny was a fluke.....Hondas are great!

OmegaCivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To sum up the problems which are pretty common I guess would be the windows going off track and o2 sensor failing a few times.
One person had a tranny problem.

That's not bad at all.

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by P0gKai
damn the angel eyes takes a lot of power....
..ur kidding right....

slammedciv96

N2O Junkie
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would have to recommend not going over a 150 wet shot on a stock dx block.. (not that i know from personal experience though)

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
that's common sense, not an inherent problem with our rides

chimchim

iVTEC, do you?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Only problem I've had was around 72k miles, the top radiator tank started leaking and that meant a whole new radiator.

skatistic888

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like the guy gutted the catalitic converter to get a few more horses. Have you tried changing the O2 sensor(s)? about your 3rd gear I'd say if the car revs real high and doesn't go anywhere it is slipping, but if the car accelerates gradualy an so do the revs then the clutch is holding good. Another thing if you are planning to sell the car I don't think it will pass emmissions with a gutted cat.
i actually passed the emission test with it..but it failed once, then i used one of those things u add to fuel, and its supposed to make u pass the test...well it worked..i passed the test..the engine check lite was about my idle, mech said idle was stuck high and that made the engine check lite go on..i guess its slipping tho..what would u recommend guys for that?? and if i buy a high-flow cat, would solve my O2 sensors problem? cuz i changed the O2 sensors but i still get the errors..mech says its the cat, cuz its taken out..damn mech says a lot:shock: :shock:

skatistic888

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if i can get it work straight i'll keep it, but i dont know...now i got 2 problems..1-high idle 2-O2 sensor errors cuz of cat

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know if anyone's said this but if your idle is high can't you just turn that screw that loosens the throttle body cable

OmegaCivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by skatistic888
it actually goes up&down..so it switches between high and low really frequent
Have you tried to buy a Haynes manual? I bet they might have that symptom in there. I wish I had a Civic and a Manual, hopefully I'll have both in a month or two. right now I'm just doing some research.

P0gKai

B20VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by M706
..ur kidding right....
Let me rephrase:

Damn, the angels eyes takes a lot of battery energy. When the car is not running that is.

skatistic888

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you tried to buy a Haynes manual? I bet they might have that symptom in there. I wish I had a Civic and a Manual, hopefully I'll have both in a month or two. right now I'm just doing some research.
i actually read some of them..they have really similar ones, up&down..and they have one exact thing but the car is a geo..ther're all the same thing idle air control..mech says so too..so i guess i have trust him this time..eheh anyone know where i can get that idle air control?? i did research on that but couldnt find anything..