Control arm bushings

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok I was told by someone that you cant change the bushings in the lower front control arms, that they were one with the arm. I have been searching and have found bushings for the lower front. My question being, does anyone know how difficult it will be to swap em out or any special tricks? I have changed bushings before but not on the 5th gen ex. Thanks for any input.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it sucks, a lot, but its doable. a hydrolic press is the best, but you can do it with a drill, torch, and a sawzall. and some big sockets taht you dont care about.

rickles8099

Faster than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did my bushings with a propane torch, ball joint press, sawzall, and an air hammer... takes one or two to get the hang of and then its easy. but it still takes some time.... if you have the money, get a hydrolic press... they're worth it

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I swapped my rear control arms out with some performance ones because I had to torch the bushings in my old ones. Thats an easy way to get em out,,,smelly, but easy way to remove them.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah I have done bushings and have had to use a torch and a homemade press, just trying to see if there was an easier way.

georgelb

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used the torch/hacksaw/wirebrush/vise method

A press would be the 'easier way'

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that second to the last picture looks painfull...llol..sorry i had to.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
neaky said:
I wrote a write-up for doing the front bushings in a 5th gen Civic. I had to put it on my cardomain cause i suck at posting up pics, its on page 2.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/neaky
thats the s**t. you should make a thread about it in our diy section

neaky

Nexus One
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I did and I almost expected it to be stickied or something but nobody payed much attention to it.