cool accord wagon commercial "COG"

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont see how thats real, cuz the wheels are move up the ramp, then speed up for some reason....and the very first scene the gear rolling doesnt look real. but if it is real....damn thats paitence.

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not the first time I have seen this but I have always heard it was real.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont really like the wagon accord, but i love the new model accords. 240hp v6 is pretty nice.

SUSPEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont see how this is real....look at the part where the cylinder is rolling on the piece of wood and then through the glass window that goes down through the wood.....

RSX-Sboi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i agree, i dont think its real. theres a few parts in there where the laws of physics are defied. did they go to gravity and give it a part of the 6 mil and say "hey stop what your doing so we can film this commercial."? i do belive that most of it is real, but as far as the "no computer graphics or digital tricks" goes i seriously doubt it. unless they tilted the whole set to make the wheels go up the ramp, but then everything else would fall over.

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it is real. there waas a video on the honda euro site when the commercial came out that showed them making the commercail and all the mistakes

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive seen that so many times, but i could watch it 1000 more

ocbasbalburg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That would have been sweet to see first hand. Just think how excited everyone was when it finally worked. Over 600 times... I would have given up at about 10 times. haha

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont understand how the wheels were going UP the ramp?!?!?

Bull

Statue of Chuckerty
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they probably put wieghts inside the rim so when they got hit the weights forced them up enough to hit the next.

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Real

This video is so good, it ought to be a sticky thread. Also, it does look like they put weights in the tires to get 'em to roll uphill.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I found this info on the commercial and thought I would share since soem of this hasn't yet been said:

"There are no computer graphics or digital tricks in the film. Everything you see really happened in real time exactly as you see it. The film took 606 takes. On the first 605 takes, something, usually very minor, didn't work. They would then have to set the whole thing up again. The crew spent weeks shooting night and day. The film cost six million dollars and took three months to complete, including a full engineering [of] the sequence. In addition, it's two minutes long, so every time Honda airs the film on British television, they're shelling out enough dough to keep any one of us in clover for a lifetime. However, it is fast becoming the most downloaded advertisement in Internet history. Honda executives figure the ad will soon pay for itself simply in "free" viewings (Honda isn't paying a dime to have you watch this commercial!) When the ad was pitched to senior executives, they signed off on it immediately without any hesitation, including the costs.

There are six and only six handmade Accords in the world. To the horror of Honda engineers, the filmmakers disassembled two of them to make this film. Everything you see in the film (aside from the walls, floor, ramp, and complete Honda Accord) are parts from those two cars. The voice-over is Garrison Keillor. When the ad was shown to Honda executives, they liked it and commented on how amazing computer graphics have gotten. They fell off their chairs when they found out it was for real.

Oh! And about those funky windshield wipers. On the new Accords, the windshield wipers have water sensors and are designed to start doing their thing automatically as soon as they become wet. It looks a bit weird in the commercial. Just one second of computer generation is used to link the two halves when an exhaust pipe rolls across the floor.

At one point, three tires roll uphill because inside they have been weighted with bolts and screws."

Link (found with above text) to Video

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
That is kick ass. i love it.