Couple of Suspension Questions

Heyits750

Top Noobie
5+ Year Member
Ok so i have a 99 EX and i would like to lower it about 2 in.

1. If i buy the koni yellow struts which H&R Springs should i iget since the konis are adj. (heard u dont wanna go to low when u get koni's as in Spring rates)

2. Would i have to cut open my OEM strut housings for the Koni's? or is it the whole strut? (Complete...)

3.Would i have to get a camber kit(s) if i drop it 2 in?

4.Would it just be better to get the Tein SS or Basics?

Help me out lol thx guys :cool:

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get some basics for a DD.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The H&R Sports are a good drop, just around 2". Konis just simply replace your stock shock, nothing complicated to it.

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think hes asking about the top hats. you would need to transfer the tophat from the stock shock to the koni's. ive also seen people slammed almost to the ground on koni's so i wouldnt be too worried about a 2-2.5in drop. camber kit? get an alignment and if you still have problems then get a camber kit

Switchback CRX

5+ Year Member
I would recommend getting a full damper kit of some sort, whether it be Tein, Buddy Club, Megan Racing, or another company. That way you can have the car sit at just about any height that you want. Sometimes getting just springs can drop it too much or not enough, with a proper damper kit you can adjust preload on the springs and the height seperately.