Couple of Turbo Questions

Sirk

5+ Year Member
i'm ordering an edelbrock kit this month, and buying a few extras, i'm after some camshafts, which in the uk are pretty hard to find for the d series, but skunk2 seem to be in good supply over here so i was thinking of getting some stage 1 skunk2 cams, are these any good for FI D16Y8's?? or any others which you could recommend, i don't mind importing from US as its often cheaper then buying from the uk!

also spark plugs, grapped to 0.30 right? but which ones? BKR7E, BKR7E-1, BKR7E-11 or ZFR7F11?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Skunk2 cams are good, you can go with what i believe are the stage 2 cams, which are meant for forced inductions applications, check there website. Also, just IMHO, i wouldnt start by building the engine with camshafts, focus on whats weak on the motor when it comes to boost, such as the rods, headgasket and seals..thats just my 2 cents. Oh and as far as spark plugs go, yeah gap em to about .30 and the number is ZFR7F11. hope that helps.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
skunk2 cams are profiled for N/A, the lift and duration dont suit boost. look into crower cams

Last edited:

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
okay, so the turbo cam, you didnt mention the turbo cam, you mentioned the stage 2 which are NOT meant for FI which you stated are meant for turbo applications, and he was asking about the stage 1 which is also not meant for FI. which is what i was refering to. either way you went to skunk2's website which is a biased opinion of their own product. i still say check out crower turbo cams

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eh..crower is hella expensive. idk its up to you, but all i meant earlier was that skunk2 does make cams for turbo apps and that I wasnt sure of the exact name, I thought I remembered it being stage 2, but it wasnt, thats why I told him to check their website to be sure...

Sirk

5+ Year Member
thanx guys i read on a site somewhere that the stage 1 skunks were good for FI, been trying to find it

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go to the skunk2 website, they have an application called "turbo" which is specifically made for FI..thats what you want

Sirk

5+ Year Member
yeah, just i read on honda-tech i think thats stage1 have been known to work better than the turbo cam

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm..thatd be interesting to know, since im lookin to build my motor now that im done with the turbo, link to where you read that?