Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cowher: Brady could be target of cheap shot
Wednesday, Oct 31, 2007 4:13 pm EDT

As the New England Patriots pour it on opponents, fans have to be wondering about it and Tuesday former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher said it: If the Patriots keep running up the score, will someone like Tom Brady be the victim of a retaliatory hit?

The subject of the Pats' late-game tactics is causing a lot of buzz around the NFL, particularly after Sunday's 52-7 victory over the Washington Redskins. On a CBS conference call with reporters Tuesday. Cowher noted the Patriots could be playing a dangerous game.

"At some point if this continues, someone's going to take a cheap shot,'' Cowher said. "Is that worth subjecting your players to if it comes to that?''

Source: Boston Herald
Didn't Troy Aikman start having concussion problems after The Dallas Cowboys "ran up the score" against the Packers?
And that wasn't even Aikman throwing for the end zone on 4th down with a 40+ point lead. It was Chris Boniol kicking 7 field goals.

Yep. I think he's going to get obliterated.

They better hope they don't play the Titans...Reynolds already half choked Wisconsin QB Sorgi to death.:lol:

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i hope someone snapps that douche bag brady in 2

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i guess cheater's DO prosper...

:rolf: j/k, i actually like the pat's.....but thats not because of Brady, its because my cousin played for them (special teams unit) back in the day

DjTripp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
very interesting point.......this should be good

"V"

16-0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You don't like the score being run up?
Then stop them from scoring, if your team sucks that much, then take it like a man.

DjTripp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ Not that I'm trying to argue (I swear I'm not) but I think the fact of the matter is that in the NFL (from what I've read/seen/gathered) and it teams generally don't look too kindly on running up the score. You say stop them from scoring? Lets face it, some times are just better than others. You can't stop Jordan from scoring, you can't stop Ronaldinho from doing his thing, etc. I think the quote was geared more toward a "its not whether you can or can't stop them, the fact is that its happening and people don't like it type deal." I think Cowher makes an interesting point.

EgHatch93

EG Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think the other team sucked ass... Thats why the score got run up... If the NFL doesnt like it then we can just go back to regular football... WTF is this WWE? Are the games staged?

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think Cowher is right.

Reggie White complained about Dallas "running up the score"

I don't think anyone posting here would have told called Reggie White a b***h back in the day...hell, Joe Montana still has nightmares about Reggie White.

Seems like pro football players are more likely to tolerate a dirty hit in a competitive game than they are able to tolerate what the Pats did to the 'Skins. :what: I mean look at Roy Williams and T.O. Williams horsecollared T.O. and broke his leg. Now they are teammates. No problems. (yet...you never know with T.O.)

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think they should shut the hell up and play the game.

Skins were playing to score, why the hell shouldn't the Pats? This is professional sports here people, you want mercy go watch a high school game. I'm paying to see touchdowns and lots of them.

Don't want them to score, play some D.

"V"

16-0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
For the amount of money these guys are being paid, I want to see 100% effort from kickoff till there is no more time left at the end of the 4th qtr.

Do you think Vince Lombardi would've complained back in the day? Or any players back from that time? I don't think so. Did 52-7 make you cry? Did your mommy have to call you and make you chicken soup and tell you that you're still a winner in her book? STFU and play the game. If you get an ass whopping, take it like a man, learn from it, and move on.

So the Patriots are a bunch of classless a-holes for running up the score, but injuring someone, potentially in a serious manner all because they hurt your feelings? seriously :roll:

DjTripp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I see what y'all are saying and I'm not saying that the whole "not running up the score" are my beliefs. I know that people pay to see touchdowns and I agree. What I'm saying, and I thing what the original poster is saying is that the fact of the matter is that there are several teams/players/etc that don't like the running up the score thing.....and its a known fact. Because its a known fact, should Bellichick/the Pats risk something happening to their players after they've clearly already wrapped a game up (like up 45-0). That's the part I think is interesting...the whole running up the score is another question/topic, but risking your players because of it.....should they or shouldn't they?

"V"

16-0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I see what y'all are saying and I'm not saying that the whole "not running up the score" are my beliefs. I know that people pay to see touchdowns and I agree. What I'm saying, and I thing what the original poster is saying is that the fact of the matter is that there are several teams/players/etc that don't like the running up the score thing.....and its a known fact. Because its a known fact, should Bellichick/the Pats risk something happening to their players after they've clearly already wrapped a game up (like up 45-0). That's the part I think is interesting...the whole running up the score is another question/topic, but risking your players because of it.....should they or shouldn't they?
you ever notice how it's the crappiest player on the opposing teams that complain?
On the Cowboys it was Patrick Crayton. Who? Exactly. :lol:

I think the whole thing is just pansy players bitching because the score made them cry.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The teams that b***h are the one's that are losing. Nobody should be "at risk" because of it, players need to grow the f**k up and put their effort into the game instead of whining and planning on hurting someone.

Guarantee if someone on the Pats gets nailed in retaliation that the league will suspend the offender.

"V"

16-0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Coach Gibbs was asked if the score bothered him after the game, he said no. That's a real man, he's old school.

House Special

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my god, they make millions and STILL cry. I guess they still mass produce sore losers

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yo f**k brady..and f**k V for vagina..LETS GO COLTS!!! :woot:

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you ever notice how it's the crappiest player on the opposing teams that complain?
On the Cowboys it was Patrick Crayton. Who? Exactly. :lol:

I think the whole thing is just pansy players bitching because the score made them cry.
That may be true this year, but again the first player I ever heard complain about running up the score wasn't a crappy player. It was the Philadelphia Eagles all time sack leader. The Minister of Defense. and that was on a 21-6 final score.

I'm not saying that they should dirty hit Brady. Just that it is likely.

And I don't even like Brady, but I don't want it to happen

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when u go forward in 4th down (twice) with such a big lead in the game already ur asking to get trampled..:what:

DjTripp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm with Beelzebubba on this one. With all due respect, y'all seem to be hung up on the fact that anyone who goes for a cheapshot is a b***h or "pussy." again, that's a different topic (though for the record, I agree. that is a "b***h made" move). And again, regardless of whether thats a pussy move, its still a possibilty.

Maybe this will help: If you were the head coach, would you keep your starters in while winning 45-0 knowing that they are now possibly targets of a cheap shot? I mean, from these past weeks, obviously the Pats subs can score (didn't their backup qb score a rushing td?). Does that clear things up?