Crank Position Sensor Code

CivicSi1999

I have a 1999 Honda Civic Si and my CEL came on and it is displaying the code for the Crank Position Sensor. I replaced the sensor and what do you know, it's still spitting out the code. The engine seems to run fine until it get's up to around 3600 RPM's then it starts stuttering and doesn't want to go at ALL.

If anyone has any suggestions on what else could be tripping the Crank Sensor code that would be awesome!

Thx
Adam

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check the wiring that goes to the sensor. I had that code and was never able to fix it on my old motor, then we pulled the motor I saw the wiring had been chewed through by a belt.

RonJ

Banned
The CKP has two wires that run to the ECU. Those two wires pin to C8 and C9 in ECU connector C. Unplug ECU connector C and measure resistance between the C8 and C8 terminals. Do you read 350-700 Ohms?

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what code(s) are you getting? - a lot of people get the CKP (crankshaft position sensor) and CKF (crankshaft speed fluctuation sensor) mixed up - the CKP is inside of the distributor - the CKF is behind the crank pulley

codes for CKP are:
P0335
P0336
P1359

codes for CKF are:
P1336
P1337

your description of the problem sounds to me like a distributor problem