cross drilled slotted rotors

AlexJDM

5+ Year Member
i dont think so i have them on my DD

ekblack97

5+ Year Member
i dont think so i have them on my DD
alright thanks cause some dumbass in the other forum told me is only for track and it might break if im gonna use them on street.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok so y wouldnt they break on the track b4 they broke on the street?

dont believe everything u hear man..

SoJ1Ro

just sit back and enjoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hope you dont drive on the street the same way you would on a track. lol

ekblack97

5+ Year Member
ok so y wouldnt they break on the track b4 they broke on the street?

dont believe everything u hear man..
yeah i know its none sense just double checking, any ways what's a good combo for those rotors i heard oem is a good combo though i just called honda the oem are like 75 bucks too pricey.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if 75 bucks is too pricey then dont do an upgrade.

thats really cheap actually..

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hawk wilwood brembo...
the list goes on and on..

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=109828

DO NOT use drilled rotors on any street Honda, this is why: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1437507

For pads, your OEM pads will work well, but ceramic pads will work better. If you have some cheap pads and drilled rotors, put back on your blank rotors and semi-ceramic pads, and you’ll brake better. Some people THINK drilled and slotted rotors work better, but this can be braking feel, opposed to the actual minimum 60-0 distance the car will do with ABS. The truth is that drilled and slotted rotors decrease surface area where the pad contacts. The same pressure from the piston to the pad is applied to less area, thus increasing the pressure. This means that drilled/slotted rotors heat up quicker. Now on a road this may be beneficial if you live in a cold area, but when your braking consistently, they are going to fade sooner, and those holes don't do crap for cooling, the rotor's surface and vents are going to provide a lot more cooling surface area than a few extra holes will net you.

Kaviq89

5+ Year Member
i just put brembo rotors on with ceramic pads. should i switch back to my oem pads?