Cruise Control problems???

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just had a CC system installed and its not working. I was told its a common problem with this GEN CC system. When I drive on the interstate/highway the speedometer jumps around from 40 MPH to 80MPH with no reason, but if turn on the switch for CC the needle is fine. If I accelerate w/o the switch its fine but when I let off or keep speed its jumping around like made. The CC system doesnt work either, the light on the cluster and the switch light up, it gets vacuum and everything... hoping to get a honda mach. to look at it tomorrow but some input from you guys would be helpful

Thanks

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t, maybe I posted in the wrong spot. I was way tired last night... moving it to a TECH forum if a MOD wants to delete this thats fine.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SiRcivic27 said:
s**t, maybe I posted in the wrong spot. I was way tired last night... moving it to a TECH forum if a MOD wants to delete this thats fine.
its a tech question but not an engine tech question so its fine here...

now as for your problem... didnt your car come with cruise control?? i have an ex and know that it was included (i actualy removed it) and with the factory installed cruise control i NEVER had a problem.. but i do however remember that when i removed it, there were a couple odd things... like this one vadum line needed to be tied off, because with it open my car would just rev by itself... if you payed for the install i would bring it back to the place you had it installed, because the bottom line is its NOT what you payed for. i really think it COULD be some kind of vacum issue because of what i noticed when i removed mine..

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, its back at the shop now... I threw a CEL (just had a new B16 installed) and they are going to look over the CC system

civiclxb16a

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i am having the same problem i did a b16 swap in my 97 and now my CC doesn't work i was wondering if has anything to do with the ecu

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm running a stock motor for my car, stock ECU, and Stock CC unit, I have no idea what it is.....