CRX Daily and Track car.

thekid01

Wondering what are some good looking but light rims, also what do you all reccomend suspension wise? Im on a budget looking to spend around 1K but the less the better haha

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im not sure if they make a suspension kit for the crx but look into Progress Technology cs1. wheels i would look into konig.

typec

I bought a set of Konig rims from 4 Wheel Online. Its really light weight you can even carry it by 2 fingers. Just forgot the model. About the suspension, you can either choose from lowering spring or coilovers. Tanabe nf would be a good daily and weekend suspension upgrade.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for 1k... you're either going to get wheels and suspension in the mid-low range or high quality one or the other. But the better the tire, the better performing... so that is really where you're going to have to pay/ pay attention.

You can go buddyclub p-1 (~$150 a wheel) = 600
Hankook v2 (~$63 per wheel) = 252
Suspension you can go FF type 1 - ~$550

So you're still over budget, but check the boxes.

But you'll have to worry about over/understeer conditions with the lower/ stiffer dampers and stickier/lighter wheel/tire.

I've had kongis that have bent under track conditions, so I tend to stay away from them now.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What are your current engine specs? Is it a beefed up engine or still relatively stock? Are you also on OEM style suspension right now? These details will sway your selection process in different directions.