CRX Hood

crxboy69

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does anyone know the name of the hood that cowls outward instead of indenting in???

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
which brand?

crxboy69

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im not sure which brand it was...thats all i know about it, and i think it looks better than the stock hood.

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
black widow? there is about 1000's of companies out there

Lukedatwin

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
actually any jdm hood does that...an older neighbor of mine had a euro spec crx and he got his hood (other one was involved in a wreck) from japan...just said that it was the japanese counterpart of the regular crx hood.....even had the belt routings and such on the underside

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
yeah the jdm hood does do that, so are your talking about a stock looking hood or a aftermarket hood.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
if he did i'd hope he woud've posted it when he asked, and nope it doesn't look like he does currently.

hybrid1990crx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
But if you get a JDM hood and use the USDM headlights and front bumper its going to look goofy. You'll have gaps between the headlights and hood.

crxboy69

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hybrid1990crx said:
But if you get a JDM hood and use the USDM headlights and front bumper its going to look goofy. You'll have gaps between the headlights and hood.

Damn that sux, i do like the JDM lights and front bumper tho

crxboy69

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OK, I noticed on Gran Turismo 2 they have a CRX and the hood cowls out ward...The name of the CRX is the Mugen CRX PRO.2 ...or somethin like that do yall think the hood is mugen???

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe it is...IMHO get the whole front end conversion...oh and if it is a real mugen hood you r gunna get be prepared to pay out your ass or just get a knockoff

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
crxboy69 said:
OK, I noticed on Gran Turismo 2 they have a CRX and the hood cowls out ward...The name of the CRX is the Mugen CRX PRO.2 ...or somethin like that do yall think the hood is mugen???
no, it's still just the factory jdm honda hood, if you want that hood, just go and get the whole sir1 conversion www.passwordjdm.com has the whole setup for 650.00 for the crx.

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes it is the JDM SiR STOCK hood. the ZC was available which has the indentation on the drivers side .

Lukedatwin

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey, not to steal threads or anything, but i'm swapping in a zc into my ef on monday....will i need that jdm hood for clearance?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Lukedatwin said:
hey, not to steal threads or anything, but i'm swapping in a zc into my ef on monday....will i need that jdm hood for clearance?
personnally i'm going to say yes, only reason why i say yes is that my last hatch i had the dohc zc, and we had to cut the under frame of the hood to get it to clear the hood, even then you could see where it still rubbed.