cut springs?

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
gotcha gotcha, appreciate the info..

ya im just gonna go 2 a shop or something, and they can show me what they recommend and whats easy or best for daily driving. thanks a lot
I honestly wouldn't trust 90% of the shops out there to give you the right info or point you in the direction you want to go. Out of the hundreds of performance shops in my area, I might only trust 2-3 that I can think of for any sort of performance oriented suspension suggestions or even just fun, but comfortable daily driving suspension for Civics. And even then, I'd be sure to research what they suggest before any final decisions. Definitely wouldn't buy anything from any shop, they'll rip you off.

All the info you need is out on the web, just search the forums and ask questions. Learn about all the shocks out there and learn about spring rates. Read about what works and what doesn't. Set yourself a reasonable budget and continue to research your options. You won't regret it when you finally get the right setup for you and don't have to worry about it

Honda4ever

Banned
hey my other car had eBay coilovers in them and they lasted me about forever till I sold it and that other guy still enjoying the car!

get you some eBay coils

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hey my other car had eBay coilovers in them and they lasted me about forever till I sold it and that other guy still enjoying the car!

get you some eBay coils
i would not trust my safety with some cheap s**t aluminum parts made in some 3rd world country. no thanks

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
if you are very cheap and poor, then you have no business modding a car, or doing this as a hobby.

do the earth a favor and dont cut your springs, we dont need another retard with bootleg suspension that will fail and kill someone.

you diserve a medal!

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:word::like:

This is why Hondas' have the reputation they do, ppl can't wait to mod them, rush, and completey cheap out on parts, ending up with a flat black, scraping the ground, cobbed up hack job.

Measure twice, cut once...
agree with the technical, but don't be hatin on the flat black.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can probably buy some name brand coilovers on craigslist or honda-tech classifieds.

Think about it like this, OEM parts or factory replacement parts cost X amount. If you replace them with aftermarket parts that cost < X amount, are you really upgrading or downgrading?

Lorenz

Sorry dont know where to post but, is there really a b13 engine on a honda civic eg3?thanks

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry dont know where to post but, is there really a b13 engine on a honda civic eg3?thanks
So your decision to thread jack about an engine is in a thread about springs?

Guys we have a winner!!!

Op: like speedy said, research. This has been covered more times than "what swap to choose" or "how to turbo". Do it right the first time and don't cheap out.