CV Axel Boot Broken

Dice316

So i took my 93 coupe to TiersPlus to get an alignment and they showed me my passenger side front wheel the CV axel boot is broken off (seperated) from the end (closest to the wheel) i can litteraly take my hand n move it back and forth, they told me i need a new CV Axel and if i replace one side i should also replace the other then take it back to get re-aligned - question1 yes i agree if i replace one side i should just replace the other but i noticed L and R are usualy sold separetly is that cuz its uncomon to replace them both at the same time? 2. as much as i want to do both if i just replace the L side is that ok to drive or will it make a big difference or mess other things up? 3. they said my tierods were fine and when i drive my car n stearing wheel is still very shaky (no powerstearing) do you think fixing the CV Axel will fix it and make it more sturdy so the wheel dosnt try to force it self out of my hand n swerve the car each time i hit a small dent in the road?

- - - - -
also i noticed on ebay when i look up the CV Axel i see some of them saying with out ABS ...do i need to buy the ones with ABS or can i buy ABS seperate, or use the old ones...or do i even need to worry about ABS at all?
- - - - -

if you need more info i have a :
93 Ex 2-door Coupe
99 D16y7
Tokico Blues lowered a bit
and 18" wheels

techavluis

Registered VIP
ok, u asked many things.

let me start by telling you what a bad cv axel dose.......... nothing but noise when you turn. (98% of the time) many people drive there cars for years on bad axels cuz they cant pay for it, dont know, or whatever. with that comes 1 thing you asked. if you make-up half your bed you should walk around and make-up the other side right? something here. if one is bad the other one is not far away. but just like u can walk away from the other side of the bed you can here and its no bad deal. its safe and dosent use more gas or anything. just at some point your going to get some noise from it once the boot breaks. and befor you ask, you dont save money by doing both at the same time. the ONLY thing you will end up doing 2 times is jacking up the car.

as for the stearing.... thats more like your speed bal. on your tires.

as for abs, you can use both BUT!!!!! if your car is abs and you put none abs axels you will lose abs. (if u dont know what abs is just ask)

Dice316

arite ya then i think the wobbling is stomthing else maybe the fact tiresplus where i got my alignment said i needed a camber kit cuz my cambers on the front were both bent from the car being lowered and now my front left wheel is titled top side in

but as for the cv axle ya ill get both of them done at the same time might just buy them first then try to find a good place that can put them on for me...but ya the boot on the passenger side is completly broken off from the end and when i turn left i hear the squeaking but it sounds like its coming from my front left wheel idk ill do the cambers 1st and then see what happens cuz ya i wana replace the cv axles but....ther alot more expensive than cambers and if cambers at least helps the car whobbling problem ill be fine a bit long (not that i dont have the money to fix them all just dont wana throw it all out an get it all fixed only to have it still happen n be som other problem that i shoulda used the money towards) but anyway thanks again for the heads up about the driving on a bad cv axle i was afraid the rest of it would break off completly while driving and then who knows lol

- - - - o ya...i ment what is ABS cuz i googed it n got stocks n crap -__-