Cvt transmission

BRITTANY89

Anyone experience an awful jerk and hesitation in the 2014 civic ex cvt? It's annoying and i am hearing this is normal.

RonJ

Banned
It's still under warranty, right? Visit the Honda dealer.

Northwoodshyun

Anyone experience an awful jerk and hesitation in the 2014 civic ex cvt? It's annoying and i am hearing this is normal.
The jerk/hesitation only occurs either slowing down to a stop or starting from a dead stop. I have 2013 Accord with a CVT. 1) Turn the "Econ" button off and it will help a lot; 2) change your CVT fluid out early. 9th gen Accord CVT is on the 3rd CVT valve body design so I am not sure if Honda got this little problem resolved or not. I have been changing my CVT fluid every 15000 miles and it is very smooth. I don't use "Econ" button either. You can ask the dealer to change the CVT fluid for you under warranty - if the dealer is reasonable. The fluid change is not too hard but you need to get the service manual as there is no dipstick. This is the exact reason why I bought 2013 Civic when 2014 Civic was available. Good luck.

CivilicOne

Respected
I just bought a used 2014 Civic EX, one year old and with above-average miles on the odometer (but under 50k). I've never driven a more fluid transmission in my life. The CVT is relatively new, but JD Power, Consumer Reports, et al, have much good to say about it.

Northwoodshyun makes great points - it's easy to overlook Econ mode, and I consciously try to not ever use it and just drive in "D" mode. Won't use sport mode, either. Will be mindful of fluid replacing and talking with the dealer if issues ever really crop up.

And, of course, the dealer per RonJ. The cars have a 5 year powertrain warranty. Definitely have the car checked out if fit gets too bumpy.