D-series headers interchangeable?

Vicious

1st gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are they interchangeable cuz i'm have no clue and this guys wants to sell me his header off a d16a6 and he's telling me it'll fit my y7. so will it fit :???: thanx

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yep, all d-series parts will swap right on over. just make sure you get a new gasket and you'll prolly need to do a lil custom work on your exhaust piping cuz the y7 has the cat coming right after the header. then again, i dunno what the one that you gonna buy looks like so....

mulletov

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u might have to extend your o2 sensor and get a catalytic converter if the bung is under the car.

ikillradio

and the typical d**k response: you have 4 cyl so you have A header

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont see where he used headers incorrectly, my question is, whats a d16a6? ive never heard of it before

webcamcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
05 said:
i dont see where he used headers incorrectly, my question is? whats a d16a6, ive never heard of it before
'88-'91 Civic Si/CRX Si USDM AND '89-'91 Civic EX USDM

You can get this info on the SPECIFICATION link on top of the page

ikillradio

05 said:
i dont see where he used headers incorrectly, my question is, whats a d16a6? ive never heard of it before
its technically a header
headers would be a set, such as on a chevy v8 block

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he didn't say headers, he said are d series headers interchangable. its like saying are d series parts interchangable, its refers to the parts (headers) in general, not just the one he has. he actually used it correctly in saying the guy wants to sell me his HEADER and hes telling me IT will fit. as in there is only one

ruff_ridaz99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes it would fit..although you would need a new cat-converter..hence your y7 stock header has the cat welded right on it...it would fit though...i had a crx header in my '99 y8...and a d16a6 is a 4th gen v-tec motor engine..

redstar98ex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyways the O2 sensor might give u a prob but all u got to do is maybe extend it and thats it, also a gasket. done deal.

chartinael

5+ Year Member
ikillradio said:
and the typical d**k response: you have 4 cyl so you have A header
It's not only a d**k response it is also incorrect.

His reference to d-series headers is correct as he is referring to multiple specimens of the same kind.

kristin

And yes, the question has been answered the DOHC D-series header will fit the SOHC D-series block. If your cat is integrated into your exhaust header you will have to find a different cat and a different B-Pipe.

name090285

back in black
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like more work than it's worth, why not just get a dc sports header? :what:

CiVIcCFAsST

godzilla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and it is called a TWC, three way catalyticconverter, the one that is attached to the exaust mani