d-series tuning program

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so i know for k series engines theres kpro, wat about d series engines?

Deathcab

5+ Year Member
crome, Uberdata, can use Hondata

Dough

5+ Year Member
does it help a stock d16y7?

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Most tuning software works with OBD0 and OBD1 ECUs only. As far as I know (which isn't that far), there is no support for OBD2 support that end users can work with.

Your options are to use an OBD2->OBD1 jumper harness and run a chipped OBD1 ECU - typically a P28, P30, or P72, as those 3 come with the necessary VTEC programming already.

If you have a D16Y7 tho, you will want to run a non-VTEC ECU so you don't throw CELs for VTEC solenoid.

P08s I believe will work. Ensure you get an automatic or manual ECU based on your car's transmission.

All of that knowledge spewed... but if you have a stock D16Y7... you're really wasting your time and money with ECU tuning.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Most tuning software works with OBD0 and OBD1 ECUs only. As far as I know (which isn't that far), there is no support for OBD2 support that end users can work with.

Your options are to use an OBD2->OBD1 jumper harness and run a chipped OBD1 ECU - typically a P28, P30, or P72, as those 3 come with the necessary VTEC programming already.

If you have a D16Y7 tho, you will want to run a non-VTEC ECU so you don't throw CELs for VTEC solenoid.

P08s I believe will work. Ensure you get an automatic or manual ECU based on your car's transmission.

All of that knowledge spewed... but if you have a stock D16Y7... you're really wasting your time and money with ECU tuning.
:werd:

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its possible to tune OBD2, but most tuners wont touch it, b/c its such a pain in the ass to do so. Just get an OBD1 ECU, and a jumper harness then get it tuned.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wouldnt trust an eBay chip. Theres a couple of companys that you can send your ECU to, and they will chip if for you, and send it back to you. I would go that route. I cant remember the name of the company that does it tho.....I know someone on here will.