d15b turbo questions

ej8_st

http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/caststarterkit.html

this is what i'm looking into. i'm new to turbo obviously so please just help.

1. can i keep stock exhaust pipe

2. what wastegate spring bar to get for 8 psi boost? *if this makes any sense.

3. is 8 psi safe for d15b vtec with stock internals? (i know it's high compression and all) if not then what's the safe max psi?

4. do i need intercooler running 8 psi?

5. do i need bov? does it hurt the motor more or turbo more if i don't get one and why? or does it atleast damage the throttle body?

6. is there anything not in that starter kit that I HAVE TO BUY?

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
You need injectors and a chipped ecu. Yes you need a bov. The tune is going to be around another 4 to 600 dollars. You will need a intercooler as well as piping. You would be better off spending more money on a full kit.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
1. Sure, but you wont spool very fast or have great top end

2. .6 bar is roughly 8psi

3. It isn't high compression, the number you need to worry about is power not boost (at least below 11psi)

4. If you have a big enough compressor housing and a fat tune, might get away without one. Still dumb not to have one they are so cheap.

5. If you want your turbo to last, yes you need one. Not having one can only damage the turbo, nothing else.

6. Fuel/Tune-compare the starter kit to the full kit.

To answer your other thread....yes a greddy kit will work but they suck ass.

Ditched the 200hp n/a d series idea huh?

ej8_st

1. Sure, but you wont spool very fast or have great top end

2. .6 bar is roughly 8psi

3. It isn't high compression, the number you need to worry about is power not boost (at least below 11psi)

4. If you have a big enough compressor housing and a fat tune, might get away without one. Still dumb not to have one they are so cheap.

5. If you want your turbo to last, yes you need one. Not having one can only damage the turbo, nothing else.

6. Fuel/Tune-compare the starter kit to the full kit.

To answer your other thread....yes a greddy kit will work but they suck ass.

Ditched the 200hp n/a d series idea huh?
aha yea i had to ditch it. theres no way i could achieve that all that porting crap that i aint goin through. thanks for the answers