d16y8 performance

esco4more

5+ Year Member
What should I do now Im breathing and inhaling well engine has good compression im ripping up roads basically but im only doing 17.2 on the quarter and ill love to be in the low 16s atleast for now.. what else do i need or what should be my next step... thanks in advance.

Bro'sslowdx

It's mine now...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well you already have a post for one. and 2, the only way you can get any power is if you supercharge or turbocharge. Or engine swap. I dont think you can get into the 16's in a 4 door with bolt ons....

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So Basically There Isnt Anything Else To Add Before Going Turbo Or Supercharged?
No not really. Cause when you get your boost that is when I'd suggest to get like your exhaust and stuff done with that. But, depending on your goals ( like dragging or road car ) you can do some suspesion work. Like lca's, bushings, tie bar, struts, coilovers, springs, sway bars, strut bars. Stuff like that is fairly easy to work on and is at least something until you figure out what you want with boost or swap or whatever.

slod16

5+ Year Member
start taking stuff off the car like ac powersteering seats etc a good tune up fuel filter cap in rotor plugs in c where all this gets you but if you have all the bolt ons already only thing you can do is start takin weight off of car or boost or swap good luck

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
People forget, that the sedan is lighter than the coupe.

jzs15

5+ Year Member
you can change out the pistons to the supra twin turbo pistons and add some power if you wanna pull apart your motor.

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can change out the pistons to the supra twin turbo pistons and add some power if you wanna pull apart your motor.
yeah you know cause that makes a lot of sense and doenst make you seem like an idiot :roll:

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There's some sort of like Subaru or Suzuki I think like SUV that you can get pistons and rod sets from. That I hear can handle up to around 450hp.

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There's some sort of like Subaru or Suzuki I think like SUV that you can get pistons and rod sets from. That I hear can handle up to around 450hp.
yeah there is. Its a Suzuki Vitara. Apparently their bore is exactly the same as the d16 single cams. Ebay has them new for like 200 or so. It drops compression to like 7:0 something tho so better have a decent spooling turbo.
But theres a huge difference between a Supra 2jz twin turbo motor which has a way bigger bore then a civic single cam, to a Suzuki vitara

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes. Get those. But I don't suggest going off ebay unless it's like named or something like that, need authenticity. From what I have hear a good set of those pistons and rods together run around 700$, which isn't bad cause they can handle about anything. So ya. When I build my bottom end that's what I'm getting. Boost d baby!

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes. Get those. But I don't suggest going off ebay unless it's like named or something like that, need authenticity. From what I have hear a good set of those pistons and rods together run around 700$, which isn't bad cause they can handle about anything. So ya. When I build my bottom end that's what I'm getting. Boost d baby!
Its just the pistons, not the rods. And yes even things off of ebay can still be name brand. The rods your referring to pair with those vitara pistons are eagle rods. And yes paired together there like 700 but you can get lucky and find them cheaper sometimes

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Gut the back, get rid of all the useless s**t in your engine bay, like that strut bar and HIDS. Take off air conditioning, power steering, cruise control and whatever else you can think of thats not necessary for the car to run. Do all that and you'll be able to run mid to high 16s!

greycoupe

5+ Year Member
Gut the back, get rid of all the useless s**t in your engine bay, like that strut bar and HIDS. Take off air conditioning, power steering, cruise control and whatever else you can think of thats not necessary for the car to run. Do all that and you'll be able to run mid to high 16s!
yea do all that and a tune up pull some timing and spray that s**t

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Want quick and cheap power?

Spray.

esco4more

5+ Year Member
Ok thanks people thats a whole lot of Info there... But what if I remove everything else and leave the A/C Its mad hot here i dont think taking that away will be a good thing!.... can I remove everything else except that?
and where can I find steps in removing these items ex. Power Steering and Cruise Control That I use never... isnt the strut Bar needed though for better traction or something?

esco4more

5+ Year Member
can someone give me an idea of what type of nos is good enough for me? and how much can I squeeze without blowing my only ride to work..... lol