DarkCreep's Turbo Kit Install: The NO FAITH/Craftsman/slight knowledge build! *PIX*

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rotating is easy..just loosen up the 6 bolts on the turbine side and the exhaust side and rotate..dont tighten it until you have your oil return line set to a place where you know its going to stay, since you have to drill your oil pan anyway you dont want to tighten it now and have to loosen it later cause you have to clock your turbo a few degrees to have better oil return flow

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Thanks but I already rotated it. It wasnt too hard, felt like I was playing with those cubes with different colors. Loosened up the hot side and twisted the center till it was alined, then loosened up the cold side to aim it correctly.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive never heard of that before...

a lot of this turbo jargon is new to me...

nice to learn a few new things...

so hows it coming?

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:thumbup: :popcorn:

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks like you learned to clock it.. make sure you use thread lock on those. nothing worse then a bolt coming loose and having to tear everything apart to tighten it. My 1st ebay turbo did it and it was a b***h. I hate having to do things twice.

Also, make sure you use a oil restrictor on the feed inlet. If you dont have one, you can get one from xenocron.com. but it is very important.

Now i know its your 1st build, but the wastegate location is crucial, and the manifold has it on #4 which means the #4 will feed it. I would look into a blox or another that has the location where its centered so all 4 cylinders feed the wastegate. This can wait a bit.. but your dump tube will have to be re welded.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks like you learned to clock it.. make sure you use thread lock on those. nothing worse then a bolt coming loose and having to tear everything apart to tighten it. My 1st ebay turbo did it and it was a b***h. I hate having to do things twice.

Also, make sure you use a oil restrictor on the feed inlet. If you dont have one, you can get one from xenocron.com. but it is very important.

Now i know its your 1st build, but the wastegate location is crucial, and the manifold has it on #4 which means the #4 will feed it. I would look into a blox or another that has the location where its centered so all 4 cylinders feed the wastegate. This can wait a bit.. but your dump tube will have to be re welded.
:word:

I say get a nice tubular Manifold... :D

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ive never heard of that before...

a lot of this turbo jargon is new to me...

nice to learn a few new things...

so hows it coming?
Yeah it is, but im learning it surprisingly fast. =)
Its coming along great, I got the turbo on but now ill need to rotate it since the down pipe fit like complete ass. Im going to pick up a godspeed in about 20 minutes. Its driver side exit too so I MAY be able to keep my A/C.

Its removed so if I do ill need to refill it.

Yeah I did. Ill put some thread lock on them, I need to reclock it since im making it driver side cold side.

Oil restrictior is already installed. =)

Yeah I see what you mean, ill get a new manifold later on.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Do any of you guys know the size to the oil pressure sensor behind the block on top of the oil filter so I can get the socket? Im guessing its a 21.

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks like things are coming along alright!! just in case you didnt know before you start the car you should disconnect the connector for spark and crank the car for about 20 seconds. this will get oil flowing into the turbo before you start it.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do any of you guys know the size to the oil pressure sensor behind the block on top of the oil filter so I can get the socket? Im guessing its a 21.
i think its a deep 24mm, but im not 100% sure, i havent taken mine off in so long

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dont mean to thread jack but whats an oil restricter for? besides the obvious meaning of the word itself. Like whats it purpose? to not flood the turbo from too much oil?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dont use a socket, use a wrench...
i say socket is better..and way easier

Dont mean to thread jack but whats an oil restricter for? besides the obvious meaning of the word itself. Like whats it purpose? to not flood the turbo from too much oil?
reduce max oil pressure going into the turbo to prevent oil leakage into end housings due to excessive pressure

Autoworks

5+ Year Member
i say socket is better..and way easier
OK, you use the socket and fiddle around with propper angle and clearnace, I'll slide the 24mm boxed wrench over it and just turn it. Its personal preference, IMO, it gets no easier than a wrench to remove the sending unit.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I got a 24mm and it came out like a champ.

Do you guys recommend I connect it on the adapter 90 degrees to the block and connect oil line to the other port, or do I leave it as it and connect it with the signal sender facing the firewall?

Ok so how exactly are the lines ran?
The kit came with a small diagram. It says:
-The top of the waste gate to boost controller, then boost controller to the throttle body, but before it. 'na mean?? Then the bottom port of the WG also connected to the boost controller, but with a T bracket so a line goes to the TB.
It came with a few T brackets, so that means im supposed to disconnect an OEM vacuum line and use it for the waste gate?

and how is the BOV hosing ran?

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Line 1 goes from Intake manifold or turbo to boost controller to wastegate....

BOV goes to manifold..

If there isnt enough ports for all this, then u have to tap the I .M for vacuum source or get a vacuum block and tee off the brake booster line, then you wount have any problems.

Lets see that s**t!