dash lights freaking cluster not working

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a 96 dx manual transmission. i recently took out the alarm and the jacka$$ wiring to the dimmer switch but somewhere along the line i messed up big. right now my brights and blinkers are dim with no backlights whatsoever. when i turn my brights on the tach and speedo go to zero when i turn my blinkers on the tach and speedo travel and inch up then back to zero repeatedly. yes i pulled the dash harness and found a hackjob. i need a diagram or maybe a picture of someones dash harness completely pulled out so i can see if i crossed a wire. please and thanks

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
39 views and no replies??? come on im looking for something i need my car even if it is ya buy a new harness or if its maybe the cluster

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if i were u id check the grounds i just had a problem like this and it was a ground issue
idk if thats what it was or what but went to the junkyard ripped out a dash harness that had the defrost hazard and radio clips were cut. had my grandpa resoder the clips while i was at work plugged it all in and boom it works. so idk what the hell the deal was