Death To Clear Channel

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Clear Channel Communications killed 97.1 KEGL (the Eagle). The only ROCK station in Dallas/Ft Worth. IDIOTS!!!! No rock station in like the 6th largest market in the United States??? Everyone hit KEGL.com and pack their e-mail full of hate mail

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i sent um something

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
they prolly didnt have enuff listeners. theres a reason for everything, most of the time

Benny Blanco

Banned
dude....clear CH did that because of H.steren.... if you listen to K rock they tell u

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
KEGL lost Howard Stern years ago. A metropolitan area of like 6 or 7 million with no listeners???? I don't think so. It's all that FCC crap.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, dallas/ft. worth got pwn3d...that does suck though...although i stopped listenin to the radio a while ago, its just the same old crap, over and over again (at least down here in FL)...if i ever do listen to the radio, its classic rock

DredwerkZ

Irish Devil
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Clear Channel did that here in Rochester too...they bought out 95.1 The Nerve (metal and alternative) and toned it down a lot...then GOT RID OF STERN!!!!!!!!!...f**k Clear Channel..

Machinehead115

Team Four Door
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ya that really sux... The Eagle rocked!! I only listen to them and the Edge... I just got an e-mail from the Edge cuz I was a freeloader saying sorry to hear about the Eagle since the Edge was its sister station but they are going to try to implement some of the Eagle's playlist into their so to send suggestions to them... I HATE THE FCC!!

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Clear channel did the same s**t in houston. 94.5thebuzz was cool back then...now its the gayness.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The only reason I ever listened to the radio was for Stern. I never listened to it for music (same stupid stff over and over) anyway.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You knew the Eagel was on it's way out because of not playing any of the poppish punkish BS that's on all the other radio stations... and clear channel has just bending over to the FCC every since that jackson timberlake thing. :(

Fvck clear channel.... 8) GO! infinity broadcasting!... I listen to Russ Martin on 105.3 anyways (3pm-7pm)... and I Believe they still play Howard Stern in the morning too. 8)

I do however find it ironic that now that the Dallas/Ft Worth area finally has a dedicated techno/dance station (106.7 KDL) we now have no TRUE rock station.

It's not just the DFW area that's affected either... The Eagel could be heard for 80 miles in every direction of the DFW area too... and now all of us are SOL. :roll:

Oh well... Down with the FCC, and Down with Clear Channel broadcasting! Now I gotta get fvckin' sattelite radio. :evil:

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Atleast you guys had a rock station for a little while. We have never had one... I wish that we would get a metal station, but that will never happen. Which is why I dont listen to the radio at all.

onepoint3g

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but the bad part is what they replaced the eagle with damn oldies or some s**t??

MiGsB16

El Chiloso
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
onepoint3g said:
but the bad part is what they replaced the eagle with damn oldies or some s**t??
yessss.......another oldies station :roll:

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LizMantis said:
Atleast you guys had a rock station for a little while. We have never had one... I wish that we would get a metal station, but that will never happen. Which is why I dont listen to the radio at all.

Can't you get 99X out of Shreveport? You're in Tyler right?