Debadging my EX

HondaRAZR

Honda Newbie
So, I bought a 2000 EX, and I've always been a fan of the clean look on cars. For instance, on my Equinox, I took off the "Equinox" and "LS" and am blacking out the Chevy logos possibly.

But for now on my Civic, I'm thinking of taking the badges off of the back. Mainly because I like the clean look, but I figure that they will be coming off when I paint or Wrap it anyways.

What do you guys and gals think about taking the badges off?

Trekk

Registered VIP
You are probably the only person that will ever notice it. It's a civic after all most people don't bother to look at it unless you have something crazy on it. Other then that, they have been on so long that unless the paint is in really good condition, it will be darker under where the letters were. I know when I took mine off and a few others, sometimes the paint is more or less buldged up under the letters so it still kind of shows. Just don't take the H off they have pins in the center so you'll have 2 little holes in the trunk.
My GTO, 300zx and civic have most or all the badges removed.

Jermee

Registered VIP
I've always been a fan of it. Get a eat gun or a blow dryer and take the suckers off.

Sent from your moms house.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I say go for it! I prefer the no badge look vs. the color badges or Acura badges (put on a civic) too. OEM or nothing at all.

... Although now that I say that, I've seen a red hatch around town with matte black badges and I must say... I like it.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a red H badge and that's it. I like it :what:

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Debaged mine because the badges were chipped up/broken, and my paint is s**t anyway. Will leave it debaged, aside from Honda H's when I'm done.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I debadged mine for a clean look, and it's easier to detail the car not having to go around anything.

Sent from my Note 2

HondaRAZR

Honda Newbie
I was thinking of switching the H to a different color as well. But I'll switch out the colors when I change the bumpers and go to work on the body.

HondaRAZR

Honda Newbie
I think I'm going to take the badges off tonight. And then I might change the colors of the H badges eventually. That sounds like a good idea.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think I'm going to take the badges off tonight. And then I might change the colors of the H badges eventually. That sounds like a good idea.
The h badge on the trunk will need to be filled....just an fyi. That's not a sticky.

Sent from my Note 2

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I removed my badges with dental floss then used GoofOff to removed the adhesive. I then installed the 2010 Civic badge in place of the H and it covered the badge holes perfectly. I also painted my HX badge black & relocated it on the top right on the trunk. Im very satisfied. You can see my pic of it in my signature hyperlink.