deciding to quit smoking......help

emerican

Registered VIP
^ its really not that bad its ive quit when i wanted to started back when i wanted to no big deal to me really.
i started when i was 12 smoked however many i could get untill 16 then i smoke a pack to 2 packs a day of newports its all ive ever smoked and still do. Dont remember how old i was but it was after 18 that i quit for like 6 months to a year cold turkey with nothing then decided i wanted to start back so i did.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i haven't kicked the habit, but i've switched from analog cigarettes to PVs (personal vaporizers... commonly referred to as ecigs). i've opted for low nicotine juice and have been feeling much better. i'm six weeks in and haven't touched an analog cigarette. sure i'm still getting nicotine in my system, but none of the other 4000 chemicals. it's a small step. plus, it's vapor, not smoke. my sense of smell is better and i don't wake up craving a smoke any more. plus, it tastes better (tons of flavors to choose from), i don't smell like a sweaty nutsack, no ashes to deal with, and i can vape while the windows are up in the car (without discomforting nonsmokers). i'm gradually reducing my nicotine intake (you can specify how much nicotine you want in your juice) until i get to zero. sure it's not exactly "quitting" but it's a step in a better direction. no tar. no smoke. no ash. no thousands of random chemicals. biggest thing is that i don't even crave cigarettes any more, even when people are smoking them around me. i can honestly say 100% i have no desire for cigarettes.

if you're interested in this option, checking out the Vaping thread in off-topic. i have a post explaining the juice's composition and other basic info.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ i knew you would pop up in here lol
and my mom had a very bad physical reaction on chantix or whoever you spell it
she had muscle spasms in her neck and could not move it, it also made her depressed

JeffBel

Registered VIP
1 week no smoking. Tougher than I have expected it to be

emerican

Registered VIP
am i like the only smoker on here who hasnt quit is trying to quit or does the ecig thing lol.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For some reason the phrase analog cigarette annoys the s**t out of me.

f**king technology...

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been smoke free for 3 years. I quit cold turkey when I was pregnant and started back up for 8 months only to turn around and quit cold turkey 100%. If I can do it with my complusive personality, you can do it! I was a pack and a half a day before I got pregnant, to a pack a day after. Like I said, cold turkey! Like CRX_DUDE said, minty gum helps too! If you need a cheap alernative, coupons.com has a few every month $1 off and each brand goes on sale at Target stores 2 for $4 every month.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Fight it Jeff, be strong! If you cave you now what you'll be doing to yourself.

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
Jeff. You can do it bro!! Don't think about it. Get some dip. Throw a little pinch in every now and then. I quit that way. It's hard to quit cold turkey but some people have the mindset for it.

sent from my EVO eater

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Almost a week without a cig, not really getting the urge to smoke anymore