Decisions :( opinions appreciated

Keller

Today I blew my Mottor :(. I had my heart set on a b18c1 and going turbo Unfortunatly I haven't found one in my area. I have found a semi built d16z6 for 450 and a complete b18b for 600 comes with a car I can pull countless parts from but I really wanted to go vtec. I'm not really wanting to go ls-v so the b18b would stay non vtec but I'd be able to get my civic back on the road either way pretty quick (I like driving it) once I start my swap I would really like to hit 450-500hp with 400ish tourqe so people I'd love the opinions and iDeas I haven't posted details on here becouse I'd really like diffrent ideas from what I have Been planing

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What is your budget? To get to 500hp, it isn't going to be cheap and it looks like you are on a slim budget.

T3RR0R

Honestly you can get there but 500 hp is hard to do. Stay non-vtec and just go through it and boost it. You have to understand when you start putting out that kind of hp out without the proper suspension set up etc your going to just be spinning the tires. Just go with a simple turbo set up and see how you like it

Keller

Not that slim me and my woman make good money we just can really get outta town for big parts no truck and I don't really wanna pay for bs shippin and not really knowing what I'm getting you know I've been screwed before on situations like that

Keller

@t3rror yea I defiantly ain't trying to just throw Ina monster right away I need a good start to continuously build on I'd actually like to get the car to show status eventually but who knows if thatll ever happen

Keller

I've look at k series swaps from everything I hear they get expensive thou after I seen what some could do I liked them but I keep hearing horror story with the price

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you're gonna be paying the same amount to make anything else reach 500whp and roughly 400tq.
for your goals, you dont need a over priced k20a2/z1/z3 or a tsx k24a2.....just a plain jane k24a4/a1 and a cheap slow transmission. That cuts thousands off of the price right there. Plus the fact that the motor doesn't need to be built to support the boost, keeps the turbo costs down.

K's are expensive if you choose not to do anything yourself and you want the newest fanciest swap parts available vs. simply getting the swap in the car and making it run.

Keller

Well I've done some research and I think imma get the b18b it comes with an integra that I can fully strip so I could easily trim that into more parts inputs still apriciated and if someone would pm me how to post pics I'll post pics on the progress

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What happened with the teggy? :confused:

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2

Keller

It has lots of dings and scratches front bumper looks like it was ripped off when the tow guy took it none of
the the doors shut right but it looks like I can get a pretty nice full interior and the motors clean besides someone cutting a wiring harness

Keller

O and the teggy I'm getting hooked up with has no title so the guy says I can strip it but he don't want the shell to leave besides to the junk yard

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That teg sounds like a good deal, especially if you want to get another engine in there quick (plus the extras you can sell should lower the overall cost)
If ya don't mind, why that specific goal of HP and torque?
To be honest, sounds pretty dang high of a goal, unless you're looking to convert strictly to a track car.
I imagine around 200 hp and shaving some weight would give you a LOT of usable power and still keep it comfortable to drive daily.

Keller

Haven't u ever heard shoot for the stars and here in Nevada there's a lot of bad ass v8 and I want to leave them in the dust cuz I was a Honda hater for a while to yea yea But i figure if I set so high and miss by a bit it wouldn't kill me becouse my goal is high up there the main thing for me thou is the torque that's what moves your car and that's what u feel and a Hondas no torque monster like a 454 you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keller

O and I need the little extra my cars a 4 door and I ain't getting rid of my woofers and I got air ride too (need to finish)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what happens when a 454 gets out ran by a 2.4l Honda with it's teaspoon of torque? :shock:

Keller

That's exactly why I've started to get into Hondas but u gotta admit it is a great feeling to drive something with a big block

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Honda on air with a turbo k24? Im interested...

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!