Del Sol Si: Would you buy it?

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm looking at a 95 Del Sol Si. 2nd owner, old lady driver, garage kept.

150k miles
automatic
new tires

asking $5000 (although i'm not gonna pay more than $3000ish)

ive been looking at downsizing my bills and etc, and an older car is my choice.

how dissappointed will i be with it being an auto? i'm not trying to go fast at all, just normal highway driving and such, i got my speed kicks with my srt4.

keep in mind, i'm downgrading from an ep3.

i know this thread fails without pics, i'm going to look at the car tomorrow.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for 3k. maybe.

stealthex

stealthex
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nope just cause its an auto with 150 k! and whats the point of a 2 seater auto lol booorrriinnngggg just my opinion tho

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nope just cause its an auto with 150 k! and whats the point of a 2 seater auto lol booorrriinnngggg just my opinion tho
thats the point. he just wants something to get from point a to point b. he has another toy for fun.

stealthex

stealthex
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea i know i just hate autos....my gf has an acura rl and i just get so bored driving that thing i get afraid im gonna fall asleep driving it maybe cause of good ol add but heh who knows!

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
First off, what makes you think she is going to go down $2000 from asking price? I think that's a little much to expect.....also, an SRT4? Common.....normally, I would say no on the Sol, but coming from a piece of s**t like the SRT4 then sure, go for it. Anything will be better than a Dodge Neon with a spoiler.

stealthex

stealthex
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol tin cans w/a turbo speaking of srt4s i was on my cbr 954 and some dude actually tryed raing me with one he pulled the typical ricer shyt revin his engin at the red light on side of me n shyt i just laughed let the lite turn green let him pull off like billy bad ass then blew past him i gotta chuckle!

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hell f**king no! Even $3000 is a little too much for a 2-seat automatic car with 150,000 on the engine...

BigDej8

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if u can get her to 3k and the chassis is clean go for it. u have your toy, and u will have a nice 2 seater as a daily. there is a big difference between 150k daily highway and 150k of tach'd out "billy bad ass" as stealth put it.

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was actually just looking at these the other day. The DOHC VTEC 5spd ones though.

If you're looking for the Del Sol as a fuel efficient yet somewhat sporty car still, I'd go with the B16 model.

I was finding them with 100K miles in awesome condition for less than this one...

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
your going to regret getting rid of your ep3 lol

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^^unless you got the b16 on del sol then you can stomp on the ep3 stock vs. stock lol

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
UPDATE

looked at the car, body and interior were in MINT condition

the only thing is that at some point in time, a young person had the car. its got different colored honda badges on it, yellow wire loom to "dress up" the engine bay, sport max wheels, etc etc. the condition and driveability of the car was great, but i just cant handle it being auto.

when i drove away i appreciated my ep3 a lot more

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
UPDATE

the only thing is that at some point in time, a young person had the car. its got different colored honda badges on it, yellow wire loom to "dress up" the engine bay, sport max wheels, etc etc. the condition and driveability of the car was great, but i just cant handle it being auto.

lol. kinda figured that would happen. i dove an auto for my first car and then got a stick. when my car broke down i was stuck driving an auto again for a bit and it just wasnt the same. i was so happy when i got my car back. once you go stick you never go back.

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its not that i dont like an auto, i like being lazy at times.

but with any engine honda makes, you HAVE to have a stick to get the power/fun out of it. otherwise it's not gonna get out of its own way.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its not that i dont like an auto, i like being lazy at times.

but with any engine honda makes, you HAVE to have a stick to get the power/fun out of it. otherwise it's not gonna get out of its own way.
not to mention honda auto trannies are junk. theyre too weak

stealthex

stealthex
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
UPDATE

theres not many times im able to say this but im going for it....TOLD U SO NANA! lol ok got that outta my system :lol:

Cypherthrax

5+ Year Member
I would have to agree that even 3000 is to much since my cousin got his SI del sol for 2500 just two months ago with 165000 miles, and his is standard. It didnt come with A/C bc the car was originally from Maine. You should do a little bit more research on the car before you get it. and go on Craigslist thats were my cousin got his.