DIamond Racing Wheels

E M 2

I was planning on getting diamond racing wheels for my EM2, but it might not look good because I only have skunk2 lowering springs and not coilovers. I know there are a lot of wheels out there, but are there ones that would look good with just springs? I was planning on getting 16's. Thanks.=)

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't completely understand what you're saying. Why wouldn't they look good with springs, but would look good with coilovers?

Springs vs. coils should have absolutely no bearing on your cars looks and shouldn't have any impact on which wheels you buy... unless I'm misunderstanding you.

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
buy coilovers then buy wheels. you can't fit wheels if you can't fix the height you're riding at.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^That doesn't make sense, but maybe I'm misunderstanding you. You jack your car up when you put new wheels on... Your ride height has no bearing on getting the wheels on.

Unless you're trying to push the limits with wheel size, you don't need to worry about them fitting. The OP is likely going to get 16s, 17s, or maybe 18s. He can slam his car and not have any issues with any of those wheel sizes on a 7th gen, especially if he sticks to the rule of keeping the wheel/tire diameter approximately the same as stock.

Last edited:

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think what he is saying is, those wheels dont look good unless your slammed, and he only has 2 inch drop springs im assuming because he has skunk 2's.

imo i would not run those wheels unless you are really low,

kid2006

is there difference between springs and coil overs other than the fact that coils are adjustable?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
True coilovers are a combination of an adjustable spring and struts in one part.

Coilover sleeves are adjustable springs.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I personally never thought that they looked very good on 7th gens. They look better on an older body style to me.

E M 2

Yeah, redline knows what I meant haha. Because I imagined it with diamond racing wheels, and it doesn't look as good with my springs than it would with coilovers. So now I'm debating weather to get coilovers or wheels... :/ hahahah.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I understand now. Coilovers don't necessarily drop you lower than springs... although that's usually the case. When explaining it in the future, it might be better to say that they don't look as good unless the car is slammed / really low.

E M 2

So should I still consider getting diamond racing wheels, or choose a different one? I just want it to look nice.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I personally hate diamond racing wheels, but i dont like hella flush on a honda period...

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's difficult to tell you which wheels you should buy. We all have different tastes and wheels are a very personal thing.