did I get jacked?

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive got floormats... the back ones are so nice, they arent thrashed by people coming in my coupe and muddin em up.

Ill probably pick up a new set of front floor mats because my driver-side has taken a beaten over the 3 people who have owned my car.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They don't automatically come with floormats but if the original owner purchased it from existing dealer stock, it almost certainly came with them . That's a dealer add on for an extra $100 on the sticker that takes no time and no expert installation. No salesman/dealer is going to just not take some extra money on the sale. You could probably credit delete them but really, How many people do that?

You can probably order a set of "JDM" mats from ebay. I haven't sized them but they have the right shape to go around the fuel door/trunk release and foot rest.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i actually picked some oem ones up off ebay for $30 shipped. ;)

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cheap ass bastards.... how could floormats not be standard in any car...

haha the things honda honda came up with in the marketing dept are funny

it still blows my mind that some 5th gens had an optional right mirror. :rolf:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
cheap ass bastards.... how could floormats not be standard in any car...

haha the things honda honda came up with in the marketing dept are funny

it still blows my mind that some 5th gens had an optional right mirror. :rolf:
I was under the impression that passenger mirrors were common optional parts on lots of cars, not just Hondas. Go build a car on any major car company website. Floormats (both all weather and upholtered) are often optional equipment. Some people just don't want them.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I was under the impression that passenger mirrors were common optional parts on lots of cars, not just Hondas. Go build a car on any major car company website. Floormats (both all weather and upholtered) are often optional equipment. Some people just don't want them.
virtually always optional equipment. You're right. go to any manufacturer's website and "build your own". Floormats are extra. I think even Kia and the Daewoo-zukis do it.
EDIT: 2006 Kia Rio
Exterior Color: Clear White
Interior Color: Gray

Options
Carpeted Floormats $70

But on existing dealer stock they are almost always there, with an extra $75-100 tacked onto the sticker of course. :lol:

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
actually, i'm pretty sure you couldnt be more wrong

i know that all 5th gens and i believe all 6th gens came without floor matts initially, and were added by either the dealership or the customer
Mine didnt come with em... Just go pick up the walmart ones.. I usually go thru floormats every couple months anyways.. Plus, why have to go thru the pain of cleaning them when they get dirty? Just throw them away and go get some more $10 ones..

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sodee said:
Mine didnt come with em... Just go pick up the walmart ones.. I usually go thru floormats every couple months anyways.. Plus, why have to go thru the pain of cleaning them when they get dirty? Just throw them away and go get some more $10 ones..
They shouldn't be that difficult to clean for most people. Do you go mudding with your Civic? :lol:

rexxxgirl

i want a new hatch!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ha ha ha. tru dat. they don't even get that dirty. 75 cents for a good vaccuuming every couple mos is wayyy cheaper than ten bucks.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Oh, and the floormats don't all say Honda on them either. The driver one has a Honda H, the passenger one has Honda and the rears don't say anything.
My Civic mats just said "Civic" on them in the same script as the trunk badge. But they were kinda' a ugly mottled olive, reddish color, and tan pattern. :???:

The 'teg has black and grey checked pattern , "Integra" on the driver's side and the Acura caliper insignia on the passenger's side. I like them but I've never been able to get rid of the embedded mud discoloration from the previous owner....bastard. :evil: I've used a steam cleaner, car wash high pressure spray, tanked them in a solution of hot HOT water and Simple Green carpet cleaner and used a high power shop vac to extract. They smell nice and 75% of the carpet is good as new but where the previous owner rested his heels... :roll:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was just commenting on the emblems on each of the sides of 6th gen mats as I've always seen them. My driver's side one could definately use some work too. I can see a metal strip inside part of it from the previous owner.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think we've come to the conclusion already that it has nothing to do with trim level (ie. LX, DX, EX, Si).

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Now the only question is, was it optional for all models? or did some models, such as ex, si come with it? or was it standard in all models?

duFf_M@N

...""peep show""...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
standard all models. i think.

forgert the stock floormats. just get a different rug with the rubbery thing for you feet in the middle. Sending PM.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

My 2006 Civic Coupe
EX Manual Transmission

Base MSRP*: $18,460

Destination & Handling: $550

MSRP including selected accessories: $19,517

Selected Accessories (installation costs not included):

EXTERIOR [Edit]

INTERIOR [Edit]

Floor Mats $99

Not standard.
Dealer add on.

duFf_M@N

...""peep show""...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man you can get those things for free when you purchased the vehicle. All you have to do is ask. :what:

We (family) have been through 4new civics never payed for floormats. :thumbs up

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh yeah....sure free....:lol:

You paid for it. You just didn't pay directly.