Did the Civic 99' 1.6 estate's have a leather interior?

chinkyeyedemcee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes

leather was an option for people who bought brand new SI's. u never see any tho because it was very expensive. i know of a couple sets for sale

dontknow

5+ Year Member
Ok thanks, unless of course someone's put it in later, I'll never know, it's nice though =)

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pics !?

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im curious to see it. estates? can someone tell me what that is. thanks. im guessing its a package available at signing? or Fail?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did the Civic 99' 1.6 estate's have a leather interior?

Just that...
I've never seen a leather interior, nor do I see a listing for it in the catalog, but some did come with leather bolsters along the sides, with a cloth printed insert.

(Portuguese 1..8VTi shown)

yes

leather was an option for people who bought brand new SI's. u never see any tho because it was very expensive. i know of a couple sets for sale
No.

The USDM Civics (ALL of them, not just the Si coupe) had DEALER optional leather interiors. They were not stock and there is no part number for the leather. This is because all you would do is say to Honda, "I want leather interior," and they would call a local upholstery shop and have them do new covers for the seats.

This is one reason why the seats come in so many different colors, some say "Si" on them, some have an "H" and some have no emblem. They'll also often have different stitch patterns. For example, there might be three or four panels along the middle of the back.

The OP is talking about a European model that was not available in the US though. An "estate" is what most in the US would call a "station wagon".
im curious to see it. estates? can someone tell me what that is. thanks. im guessing its a package available at signing? or Fail?
A Civic estate (which is a type of body style) is called a Civic Aerodeck. We didn't get them in the US. Here is a photo of one.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
NOFX is the library of Honda knowledge.

dontknow

5+ Year Member
I've never seen a leather interior, nor do I see a listing for it in the catalog, but some did come with leather bolsters along the sides, with a cloth printed insert.

A Civic estate (which is a type of body style) is called a Civic Aerodeck. We didn't get them in the US. Here is a photo of one.

Thats like my two Aerodeck's, the pic of the interior is exactly the same as my 1.8 Vtec, only mine's rhd, my other one (I picked up tonight), is a 99 1.6 auto with full leather.

sweet. i think it's ugly personaly
Thats cause youv'e got no taste :P

jams_ek

Banned
yeah I've seen the leather interior but I've never seen the estate before its different but I'm not sure if I like it...

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the info NOFX. and indeed she is llol =] i would of loved to be able to do it to my 00 ex. if i were to buy the interior peices would they just bolt on as if they belonged there?

silverctr

Whaddaya lookin' at?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If I remember correctly, the optional leather was a Katzkin deal.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

No.

The USDM Civics (ALL of them, not just the Si coupe) had DEALER optional leather interiors. They were not stock and there is no part number for the leather. This is because all you would do is say to Honda, "I want leather interior," and they would call a local upholstery shop and have them do new covers for the seats.

This is one reason why the seats come in so many different colors, some say "Si" on them, some have an "H" and some have no emblem. They'll also often have different stitch patterns. For example, there might be three or four panels along the middle of the back.

The OP is talking about a European model that was not available in the US though. An "estate" is what most in the US would call a "station wagon".

Good thing we didnt get them in the US.

Oh that sucks, I thought leather was OEM. So does this mean I can get my stock seats leather'd?

dontknow

5+ Year Member
Why?

Whats your prob with them?

As there more pratical the hatch's will ever be.

Well Iv'e got it (leather) so get it up ye

FREAKBOY

5+ Year Member
I have a 98 Aerodeck 1.6 ESi auto, it has factory leather, I have seen many others with leather even though it was an optional extra. saying that, the 1.8VVTi only had a half leather option for some strange reason

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This is my Aerodeck Do you like it?
I like Aerodecks (Estates). To a lot of Americans these cars are probably just "station wagons", which are considered uncool here. So don't be surprised if a lot of people here don't like it.

Have you joined Honda-Tech.com yet? There is a larger European base there than here, but mostly because there are more members on that site.

Btw, I like the luggage box. Do you have better photos of your car? Maybe some larger ones.