DIY #2: black interior

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well its that time again folks. since the diy ctr panels (http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=156085) were such a great success, i decided to try my luck at something a bit more technical. i researched and researched for many days, coming to the conclusion, that the best product to use would be SEM's landau black. so, i decided to take the plunge. i ordered 4 cans of landau black along with SEM's plastic/vinyl prep kit and and sand-free. over the next week or so i will be removing and re-installing my interior, as i have to prep each panel very carefully, because i want this to come out PERFECT. i also, will be re-doing my headliner in black suede to compliment the rest of the interior. with that said, lets get this project underway!!!!

here is s thread that helped me ALOT, feel free to educate yourself on SEM's products.
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2114271

sitting in my room waiting to get painted^^

heres the first panel (outer panel of dashboard) left is black right is dark gray^^

UPDATES 12/21:

UPDATE 12/22:

finished more pieces tonight =)

UPDATES 12/24:

when i first started

this pic was taken right after it was getting dark so the flash was used...but you get the idea =)

UPDATES 12/25:

black door panels ftw

UPDATES 12/26:

UPDATE 2/11:

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like your gonna have fun :thumbs up

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
im going outside RIGHT NOW to start taking off some panels...i have to work at 3 today so im only gonna have time to do that, BUT i am off tomorrow :D

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Holy sh*t that looks like alot of work, I would consider painting the panels, center console, but doing the entire dash is beyond me. Good luck thats going to look bomb...

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did this to mine. Didnt use SEM products, but I use DupliColor. Came out just as good. Taking off interior peices and putting them back in can get aggrivating, so take your time. I ended up breaking a few pieces. :smackself:

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
okk so i just took out some panels and they are sitting in my room, i have to get ready for work soon, so when i get home tonight i will be prepping the panels then spraying them. the newest pics will be at the bottom of the original post

Holy sh*t that looks like alot of work, I would consider painting the panels, center console, but doing the entire dash is beyond me. Good luck thats going to look bomb...
yeah, it definitely is gonna be alot of work, but i aint got nothin but time :lol: and ive taken the dash out many a times, so i know what im doing. and thanks, i cant wait to see how its going to look =)

Did this to mine. Didnt use SEM products, but I use DupliColor. Came out just as good. Taking off interior peices and putting them back in can get aggrivating, so take your time. I ended up breaking a few pieces. :smackself:
yeah i know man ive taken my interior completely out many times haha, and i have a lot of patience when it comes to my car so i think ill be good :thumbup:

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sweet...I have been thinking of doing this. Hell as soon as your pics start coming up I may just order the product. I may as well as I am about to tear my interior out to replace the carpet and head liner anyway...lol.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
sweet...I have been thinking of doing this. Hell as soon as your pics start coming up I may just order the product. I may as well as I am about to tear my interior out to replace the carpet and head liner anyway...lol.
check for pics tonight and tomorrow!!!

I'm a little lost, isn't your interior already black?
nope, its type-k (dark gray) to be exact lolz

civic99coupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol good luck with this bro...ive always wanted to do this..but never had the balls..hopefully things run smoothe for you and im inspired to do this come spring =)

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think it would bug me too much if my interior has spray paint on it.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think it would bug me too much if my interior has spray paint on it.
X2

but im lookin forward to seeing how it comes out.
i have a few panels in my hatch that are spray bombed and it pisses me off. maybe ill just do what your doing instead of finding new panels.. well see...
good luck bro

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
if you guys research the product a bit...youll see why i picked this instead of 5 dollar advanced auto spray paint...

and go read that h-t thread i posted

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you guys research the product a bit...youll see why i picked this instead of 5 dollar advanced auto spray paint...

and go read that h-t thread i posted
i know that sem stuff is good. we use to touch up the ridgeline beds and some bumpers i think at work.
i checked out that thread on ht too, some of those interiors came out reallly nice!
what are your plans for like the a pillar pieces and like the rear window surround pieces? all black or leave them?

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude...tell us how it all goes. ive been wanting to redo my interior to. like the A pillar and the section where the seat belt holder is.

cant wait to see how they turn out.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well as far as the a-pillar, b, and c pieces....i think im just going to leave them for now....idk still deciding on if i wanna do them black. because i want to re-do my headliner...

Like he said read the thread, this stuff is more like spray dye than spray paint.
thank you.