do most time attack cars/street projects have ps?

Ltrain

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do people remove ps for time attack tracks like tskuba circuit etc... its obvious people remove it for drag but what about time attack?

jon julian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea, power steering is mad dangerous at high speeds, no power steering is more direct thus, safer.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
most the cars strip everything that you would consider "comforts"

ryanM

im keeping it on my street project, ive heard its good to have it for drifting, which is what im building the car for.

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Some super cars don't have PS.

Jack ffr1846

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It depends. If you're competing, the first place to look is the rulebook for your class. If you can change from power to manual, you lose a bunch of weight and gain a more positive feel and remove the lag for fast turns. If your class allows a LOT of modifications (mine allows anything as long as fenders cover the wheels and the engine is 4 cyl N/A) extreme weight reduction is pretty much required. My CRX runs with manual steering and with manual brakes with the booster removed.

jack

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
But there are a handful of people who keep their power steering to keep from having to fight the steering wheel, and I feel that you can get more precision with ps (in a road race type situation)..

But if i was dragging or doing something else that had me going at really high speeds, i wouldnt want it..

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
loop the system and it'll make manual steering wayyyy better.

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know but I went from non power steering to power steering. I drove my friends hatch with a swap without power steering and it was a b***h to turn. So i decided to get power-steering with my swap.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
liek i said before somewhere.
if yo uhave a PS rack, and you either ditch PS or just blow a hose, its going to be a b***h to turn, but with a manual rack, its easy.

with manual steering, you can feel the road alot better, so you can feel if your slipping through a turn.