Do "Ready-to-fit" Body Kits Exist?

StayingSober

I've been doing a lot of research online lately on body kits for my '98 Honda Civic, 4 Door. I know, before anyone say's it, "Why would you make a 4 door car look like a street racer"? Because it's my car. If I want to look ridiculous to some people, than so be it :P

Anyways, I've been looking at places like CarID.com, AndysAutoSport,com, etc. for body kits that would fit my model of car. But despite each kit being accompanied by a picture of said kit on my model Civic, every single site always said that trimming, shaving, etc. is most often required for the kit. Please understand that this isn't an issue. I've changed, replaced, sanded/painted many things on my vehicle, so minor modifications of a fiberglass kit before installing wouldn't be a hassle. But I started to wonder...

Do any kits come ready to install, meaning no trimming or modifying needed? Just requiring you to sand/paint then install? I mean, a lot of sites have a section to select your make, model, and year, so why should modification be needed?

Also, when installing a full body kit on an older Civic like mine, how much/what kind of modification requirements need to be done to the kit so it would fit on the car nicely? Thanks in advance for any helpful responses, I know I'm new here but that will soon change :D

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They are pretty much all ready to fit, they just don't fit that well so they use that disclaimer to cover their asses if people complain.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Most times the real deal kits and not knock off ones have perfect fitment. But they are pricey. Go for it though. I love body kits.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Most times the real deal kits and not knock off ones have perfect fitment. But they are pricey. Go for it though. I love body kits.
This pretty much sums it up.
You get what you pay for with body kits.
I've seen cheap e-bay knockoff body kits that look like they're gonna fall off, and I've seen legit name brand body kits that look like they were made to be on the car.

Just make sure to buy a quality kit and you should be fine.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ x2 if you really want a body kit spend the money get a good brand and you will be fine.
Personally i wouldnt do it, but as long as you like it thats all that matters man its your car.

HonDaReal

Why not just lower the car with a front lip of choice? Ur gonna get the same "racecar" effect. And u can avoid ricer comments.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why not just lower the car with a front lip of choice? Ur gonna get the same "racecar" effect. And u can avoid ricer comments.
Why try and be like everyone else? Individuality should be encouraged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk