Does anyone know where this leak is coming from? (Pictures inside for quick view)

myciviclife

Had just replaced the distributor o ring and wash/rinsed engine bay and it looks like there still some oil or whatever leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

faithnchrist

Can be 1 or more of the following. VTEC solenoid gasket, distributer O-ring gasket or cam seals.

Never mind the VTEC solenoid gasket

Wash it again with brake clean then let it idle and watch for a leak coming from somewhere. Maybe have a buddy hold the rpm at 3k for 5 mins and see if you can't spot it

Last edited by a moderator:

myciviclife

After looking closely at this leak, I don't think it's coming from an oil leak. I think It could be the radiator fluid.

Every time I drive this car for hours, I check my radiator reservoir and it's almost near empty with some spill out my rad cap and you can see in the pictures there are some puddle ontop oft rad fan.

Why would my rad fluid go down quickly every time I filled it up? Can pressure do this?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Could be a number of things from blown head gasket, to leaking hose, to bad radiator cap, etc.

myciviclife

Maybe. This is what I did today

I thought there was air bubbles in the radiator system so I bleed it and apparently it has lots of bubbles, so many bubbles to where it doesn't stop bubbling up for a whole hour idling the car to where I gave up. Anyone know why I have unlimited bubbles in my system?

myciviclife

Looks like my radiator is clogged. Where is a good spot to buy one? Amazon is only 30$ shipped

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i 120% agree with lethal, this could VERY well be a number of things!
id ask lethal where he gets his radiators from. its been too long since i ordered one!, glad you figured it out buddy!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
100% chance your both right! geez

myciviclife

Well, I had replaced my cap from honda. I had let car idle for an hour looking for drips and didn't see a drop. Only thing I saw was it bubbles non top from radiator making me think if I had closed the system and run it, it is building up air and cause it to burst out the coolant

sjonesd3

Well if it's any consolation I had to get my radiator replaced a couple weeks ago. Found out it was cracked. Mad at myself for keep putting antifreeze in it as it ran out & overheated. 300 total

myciviclife

Well if it's any consolation I had to get my radiator replaced a couple weeks ago. Found out it was cracked. Mad at myself for keep putting antifreeze in it as it ran out & overheated. 300 total

Did it crack the head gasket also?

sjonesd3

Did it crack the head gasket also?

Nope not as far as I'm concerned. Mechanic looked I asked mechanic for a compression test & he shined a light & you could see the crack on the radiator. Car been running perfect since then.

myciviclife

Just got my radiator. Do I just drain my coolant and replace radiator or do I HAVE to kind of completely flush it out? Which I do not know how

myciviclife

Hi guys. I barley got the chance to install my radiator, but it looks like the cooling core of radiator is very thinner than the oem. I believe it looks like 1" and the oem is 2". So I'm going to wait to exchange it. In the mean time I was able to get some used oem oil pan on eBay for $50 that I been needing to replace for the longest. Here is a look what I did today.

Removed the down pipe, Had so many nuts and bolts, phew[emoji29] and that's my used oem oil pan

Finally got the old ones off look how dried up and brittle the old gasket is wow

it's out!

Last edited:

myciviclife

Finally replaced my radiator, easy peasy.

But I came across this after I had just degrease and wash my engine bay, I still see oil leak. Where is it coming from? I already changed out dizzy o-ring.

Vtec solonoild?

Leaking on tranny

Last edited by a moderator: