doing multi motor swap need some help!

2.0crx

5+ Year Member
as of right now i have a 91' hatchback Si with a b18a1 swap in it, and a 88' crx dx with the stock motor. What im doing is exchanging the two motors one to the other and vise versa. now with the crx getting the b18 all i need to to is take all the goodies out of the hatch ie:motor, tranny, mounts, shift linkage, cv axels, wheel hub assembly and brakes, along with the ecu. and than wire up mpfi.....does this sound right??? And to put the d15 into the Si hatch, all i need to do is take everything out like the i am for the b18.??? now with the mpfi wire harness in the Si will it work with the d15 dpfi? i think i would need to switch the green/white and yellow/white wires around on the TPS cause the d15 runs backwards. is that correct? ive just been thinking too hard about this and now i cant think straight. I know many people would just say wtf are you doing putting a d15 in a si body, and why go through all this trouble. well i like my rex a lot more than the hatch. and would rather boost a b18 in there. Any anwsers would be greatly helpful. i already have the b18 pulled just need to get my wheel hub assembly and brakes off. thanks in advance for any and all help!!!

i posted this on superhonda also but im hoping those of you who dont go there will see this and might be able to help me

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for the b18 in the hatch sounds rite to me but im no swap god so yeah, and for teh d15 in the si hatch yea wtf r u thinkin but if u are gonna go that way, just put a mpfi intake mani on it and u should be good to go. and plus with the mpfi the d15 will feel a lil better than the dpfi.

2.0crx

5+ Year Member
si-hatch86 said:
for the b18 in the hatch sounds rite to me but im no swap god so yeah, and for teh d15 in the si hatch yea wtf r u thinkin but if u are gonna go that way, just put a mpfi intake mani on it and u should be good to go. and plus with the mpfi the d15 will feel a lil better than the dpfi.
but if i make the d15 mpfi i'll need the intake manifold, new distributor, and ecu.i dont wanna do all that now, i just wanna get it so both cars are back up and running just with the motors exchanged, and all my money is going to the turbo kit for the b18. im not worried about the "Si" hatch being snappy thats why the d15 is going in there. one major thing is im worried about the Si harness not being able to work with the dpfi motor............

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sell it to me with the d15 and the untouched si harness. ill take it off ur hands. pm me if ur interested.

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your TPS wires shouldnt have to be switched since its not a DX/STD model..

yea your pointed in the right direction but you will need a MPFI intakeman and dizzy, the DPFI stuff just isnt going to cut it.. you can get it to work but deff not worth it