dome light not working

pearlgreenciv

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my light works whene i flip the switch to on, but the light wont come on when i open the door. its the same for both sides also.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you try putting the switch to the correct side?

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
have you changed your radio? that would be why the stock one has the keyless entry stuff in it, do a search, its been covered here and you'll be able to find which wires you need to hook up

pearlgreenciv

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ha yah i tried that. i tried all three selections, and nothing worked but the on all the time option. i dont think its the door sensor unless both door sensors are out.

pearlgreenciv

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wait i dont understand what you mean by that. the radeo is hooked up to the keyless entry system, thats what you mean right? i have noticed that the antenna is not hooked up ether, never cared much, i am planing on getting a new one soon.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the stock heyless entry thing is actually in the radio, so if that's not there then all the circuits aren't completed

AZSprmnn

From AK to AZ to AK to OR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with out hte stock keyless entry system(radio), the dome lights will not work with the doors open. i had this problem with my car. i had to get a stock one and hook it up. the door switchs and keyless entry system is all in the radio...so when itz gone, the circuits arent complete like some1 said above.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you can make it work, all you have to do is jump a couple wires, i think they were in the green plug that came out of the deck, but i don't remember the colors. search, its been posted before

JayVee

What's Going On?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Oh damn I have the same problem but, mine hasn't been working even before I switched the radio. could it be a fuse?

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JayVee said:
Oh damn I have the same problem but, mine hasn't been working even before I switched the radio. could it be a fuse?
Nope, it's just the wiring. Do the "jump" and it'll work!

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the info, i can finally get my mom's car's dome light to work.

wake_rider

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
true...All you have to do is splice those wires and it'll be back to good. Make sure you use a wire nut or clamp to make sure they stay together. Electric tape won't hold forever.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
crimping tool is your friend in this case.

Kryten

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic98mi said:
It's the green/red and green/black wires.

wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted about this. i had this same problem and this fixed it :D

civic98mi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kryten said:
wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted about this. i had this same problem and this fixed it :D
No prob.....someone should make this a sticky somewhere, I see threads about domelights not working all the time....just a suggestion.