Dominick's Build (Third time's the charm)

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol. It would take me two days probably to swap the trans haha. And I bet this is like an hour from me. I'd have no way of getting home haha.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Fixed the shift boot and knob so that its facing the correct way.

Also, I tried something new and found some extra door trim lying around the house. Thought I'd try the lip protector shin-dig.

BUT since winter is coming to a close, its about time to start the lowering the car. However, my tires are a little beefy than I would have hoped, so I can't go too low until I can get some lesser sidewall tires.

I like it. hehe

086head

Registered VIP
Howd you fix the boot and shift knob to face the right way? Just noticed my own isnt right on the hatch. Def diggin the car man

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Howd you fix the boot and shift knob to face the right way? Just noticed my own isnt right on the hatch. Def diggin the car man
Well, the boot is as simple as pushing it down and allowing the collar to stick on the shifter. But the knob is a little more tricky. Its a mix of adjusting the knob on the shifter and the adjust nut that comes with all aftermarket shifters so that it meets where the knob sits correctly.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
No offense dude, I love the car but that stuff under the OEM lip looks really tacky....I'd take it off.

If it rubs on the ground eventually it's just going to get pulled off, and the lip looks like it has some scratches on it anyway...just an opinion. Again, love the car man.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No offense dude, I love the car but that stuff under the OEM lip looks really tacky....I'd take it off.

If it rubs on the ground eventually it's just going to get pulled off, and the lip looks like it has some scratches on it anyway...just an opinion. Again, love the car man.
I didnt even notice it. I really had to look hard to see it lol.

I dont mind it

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

I feel ya man. Until I can afford another BNIB OEM lip, I could care less what happens to the front lip. I've always liked the DIY trim lip look, but didn't want to waste the good product on a poopy lip. I'm just trying something new. We will see if it stays.

I didnt even notice it. I really had to look hard to see it lol.

I dont mind it
Yea, its not as pronounced as say the DIY lip would be. It sorta gets the job done. Makes the car look a smidgen lower. :what:

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well...........

A 19 year old (same age as me). turned left when he shouldn't have and ran into me. Frame, rad support, and everything is bent. Car is now totaled, and I've decided to part it out and start anew.

I'm fine physically. My feelings and pride are damaged pretty bad though. But as they say, and as I am a firm believer in this, but everything happens for a reason.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn that sucks bro, at least your alright...

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
i believe things happen for a reason. what are your plans now,new car?

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aw man, well. im glad you're safe man. so, how does the insurance take care of that? since its totaled but you're still parting it out. Do you buy the car back or something?

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
aw man, well. im glad you're safe man. so, how does the insurance take care of that? since its totaled but you're still parting it out. Do you buy the car back or something?
Pretty much. Im trying to get the car towed to my house, so that I don't have to pay an extra $200 to get it from the "totaled" lot. So I can part the car out and get an insurance check