door handle

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have 97 coupe ex, and i wanted to know if i could use the door handles of a sedan, the ones with no key hole, and install it on my front doors. reason is i dont want anyone picking the locks. i have an alarm with a back up battery. my battery has died before, and the back up battery still has enough juice to unlock the car.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've heard of people doing this before but never tried it. Try it out. If people want to get Inside your car though, they'll have no problem breaking the glass

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
I've heard of people doing this before but never tried it. Try it out. If people want to get Inside your car though, they'll have no problem breaking the glass
lol. true..i don't think anyone picks locks anymore, all you need is a glass punch, available at your local wall-mart for $10. in addition, if you have a security system installed, the alarm is going to go off if they pick the door, or shatter the window and hot wire it. so they are screwed either way but since no one checks car alarms anymore its pretty much pointless. basically, if someone wants your car they are going to take it, so park in a garage i guess lol.

i do think that aesthetically it would look pretty cool though!!!! but as a security feature its not going to help, actually it will force them to break the window...so if you do get the car back, you would have to replace that, as opposed to if they pick the lock you might get it back as it was.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yah, this isnt gonna make a robber go " ah s**t he doesnt have locks!, lets leave this car alone" they are just gonna bust the window if you have door locks or not, best bet is to just park it in the gayraj

radracer

5+ Year Member
yes you can use the rear door handles on ur coupe i just did that on my hatch but i also went and removed the rod that connected to the lock so no one could slim jim the door

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes you can use the rear door handles on ur coupe i just did that on my hatch but i also went and removed the rod that connected to the lock so no one could slim jim the door
exactly what i was thinking. thats how my car got stolen last year. but if you remove the rod will the door still open with the alarm???

IM also doing it for aesthics, looks cleaner. i might just do the drivers side, and leave the passengers side as is.

radracer

5+ Year Member
yes the door will still unlokc an open as normal your just removing the lock rod from the latch on the door where it would connect to the lock cylinder

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice, i just bought the door handle for $10 at the junk yard. im going to install it next week.

MILD99CIVIC

5+ Year Member
I'm looking for a pair right now for my front doors. Too many flakers out here in my area. I found 2 different sellers near me and they both couldn't deliver.