Double Din Stereo

Orioles4L

5+ Year Member
Will any Double DIN CD player fit in my '05 Civic EX Coupe? Crutchfield says there is probably some special bracket that won't allow for any old double DIN to fit. I cannot find one of the factory changers that comes with the Special Edition, so I'm looking elsewhere. Anyone have any experience with a Double DIN unit?

jlk16188

5+ Year Member
Will any Double DIN CD player fit in my '05 Civic EX Coupe? Crutchfield says there is probably some special bracket that won't allow for any old double DIN to fit. I cannot find one of the factory changers that comes with the Special Edition, so I'm looking elsewhere. Anyone have any experience with a Double DIN unit?
I have a factory 6 disc from a special edition i'm trying to sell. $100 plus shipping and its yours!

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I put a double din boss 7'' screen in my 03 EX...Don't know if its any different...didn't have any problems with it....Its not a changer but it fit perfectly.....

CiviC-ShockeR

5+ Year Member
Hey man.
Yeah they can fit but only with a little minor customization...
I got an '03 here is mine..

Still looks factory right? =)

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
that looks nice man!^^

i wish 96-98 came with a double din pocket

OP, if you need any harnesses or dash kit, let me know i work in the install bay at best buy and could get you any parts so you dont have to go around looking for them

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
double din rules! My cousin has one in his civic and i was amazed when i first saw it.

I want double din for my EH2...:(

andybess22

5+ Year Member
Hey man.
Yeah they can fit but only with a little minor customization...
I got an '03 here is mine..

Still looks factory right? =)
Hey man that looks great I have a double din Kennwood dvd player in mine. I couldn't find anything to fill in the gap. I still have the gap all the way around. I was wondering did you buy kit or make it?
Thanks