Double din Stereo's?

Danielrod61

Registered VIP
So, I just got my first civic. It's a '95 LX coupe. It has an older Pioneer single din radio in it. I would like to upgrade to a Pioneer 4300 double din if possible, or possibly a newer Pioneer single din, but then also have a single din equalizer. I like to fine tune my music. I was just wondering if anyone's done this, if so please post some pictures, ideas, thoughts. Thanks.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Google civic optional media console

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
all you need for a double-din is the adapter kit. if you cheap out for an ebay or amazon kit they will be flemsy. i suggest getting something a little higher quality

i had the pioneer avicu310bt. looked great in the dash, especially with the color matched backlight

Last edited:

Danielrod61

Registered VIP
All the pictures you are showing me are for newer Civics. MIne has the A/C controls above the stock stereo.

Rinzler

Not trying to thread jack but anybody have anymore pics of double dins installed in a ek hatchback?

Danielrod61

Registered VIP
MY car doesn't have a center console, and I have the A/C controls on the top of my current stereo.

CRX_dude

copyright 2006 omgwtflol
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you talking about like taking out the ac controls to make room for the double din? why not get a flip out screen??

Danielrod61

Registered VIP
I don't want a flip out screen. THose are janky in my opinion. THe question was, has anyone put a double din set up in there (2-95 Civic Lx?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
not in a 92-95, i had one in my 99, but it was a factory double din 6 disk indash from a accord, fit right in, looked factory, sounded bad ass-

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
It seems that no one can really answer it. I guess I'll just take it to the drawing board.
I awnsered your question. You just didn't do what I told you to do and look someone else posted the picture and you like it

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk