Down to visit a local theme park? ~Testing the waters~

CRV_Becca

NorCal Honda Fiend
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey all...

Testing the waters to see who's interested in spending the day at a local theme park. I can get discount tix for Marine World or Great America... and if we get a group of 15 or more, group rates apply which could be up to a 50% discount on ticket prices. This is not going to be a regular car meet, because the important thing on this one is just getting people together, not what they show up in. I know some people cringe at the thought of having their cars out in the parking lot unattended all day, so show up in a beater you borrowed from your parents or something... we don't care... just as long as you show.

Possible dates include:
Sat. July 30
Sun. July 31
Sat. Aug 7
Sun. Aug 8
Sat. Aug 13
Sun. Aug 14
Sat. Aug 20
Sun. Aug 21
Sat. Aug 27
Sun. Aug 28
Mon. Sept 5

Are you interested?? If so, pick one of the dates that would be good for you... If there's a good response I'll look into the group rates and whatnot.

Please note... this invitation is open to several different car groups... we expect everyone to get along... if you have questions or concerns about anyone else who's invited, please PM me and let me know.

Thanks everyone!!

Bull

Statue of Chuckerty
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would probably be down to go. depends on a couple things for me thou.

1. Price
2. It has to be a saturday
3. It has to be late August or early September

Oh and I think that great america sounds like more fun.

Last time we did this, it was hella fun. but great america was being rented out by cost co and eric worked there so he got the hook up on tickets. that was a hella fun drive there too. some 30+ imports doin 120 MPH. vroom, vroooom, errrrr, :drive: vrooooooooooooom, errrrrrrr, vrooooooooooooooooooooooom

RICDOGG

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bull said:

1. Price

Last time we did this, it was hella fun. but great america was being rented out by cost co and eric worked there so he got the hook up on tickets. that was a hella fun drive there too. some 30+ imports doin 120 MPH. vroom, vroooom, errrrr, :drive: vrooooooooooooom, errrrrrrr, vrooooooooooooooooooooooom
can your truck go that fast now?

Holly Golightly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bull said:

1. Price

yea pretty much what he said.... thats when you started being my travel buddy charlie... awwww :lol:

Bull

Statue of Chuckerty
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RICDOGG said:
can your truck go that fast now?
sure it can.................as long as i dont mind replacing the motor and trans. hahahaha

Sally said:
yea pretty much what he said.... thats when you started being my travel buddy charlie... awwww
Yea i know....................ahhhhhhh...................MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!

TorGa3iGhT

"torga eight"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$$$$$.....my vote doens't count though, cuz I dont live in norcal rite now. haha

CRV_Becca

NorCal Honda Fiend
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TorGa3iGhT said:
$$$$$.....my vote doens't count though, cuz I dont live in norcal rite now. haha
Good news on that is if we go Marine World, (and have a group of 15 or more) we can get 50% off the original price. Plus, I've got a buddy who used to work at MW in their parking lot... he's still tight with the supervisor so he's pretty sure he can get at least some of us free and/or discounted parking.

Besides, no one's going to care what you show up in... hitch a ride with someone to cut down on parking/gas costs. I know my CRV can take about 3 more people... and I'm sure someone can borrow an SUV or Minivan or something to transport folks out there.

BTW... I'm thinking seriously about Saturday, August 13th or Saturday, September 10th. Let me know what you guys think...

Thanks!

Bull

Statue of Chuckerty
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, august 13th is a definate no go for me. I will be up at sand mountain rippin up the dunes. sept 10 sounds very promissing though. plus it gives people time to get work off and save some $$

CRV_Becca

NorCal Honda Fiend
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay guys... I'm seriously thinking about Sat. Sept. 10th at Marine World for this meet. I need to know how many people are definitely going to make it out. Remember I can only get the tickets 50% off if I have a group that's 15 people or more. If you think you might flake or if you might have work or something, please don't say you'll definitely be there.

So... who's down to go?

Jonathan-san

n00b
5+ Year Member
:cussing: i used to work at six flags marine world, but got fired for some bs reason even though i was the best tram saftey there... :cussing:

CRV_Becca

NorCal Honda Fiend
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jonathan-san said:
:cussing: i used to work at six flags marine world, but got fired for some bs reason even though i was the best tram saftey there... :cussing:
Dude... that blows... I'm sorry... so I guess that means you're not down to go?? ;)

I'm playing dude... I wouldn't go either if I were you... it's hard to go back to a place where you've been canned for no good reason.

EluSive2K

OG Club Civic DJ!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think.... and this is strictly my .02 cents, that MARINE WORLD SUCKS... Lets go to Great America, they have great rides and a waterpark inside.

CRV_Becca

NorCal Honda Fiend
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EluSive2K said:
I think.... and this is strictly my .02 cents, that MARINE WORLD SUCKS... Lets go to Great America, they have great rides and a waterpark inside.
*shrugs* ... at this point I'm not sure I could get 15 people for either park... the reason I chose Marine World is because we could get free parking on top of the 50% discount on ticket prices... If enough people don't show interest soon, I may have to scrap this and try again next year when the parks reopen...

...if people show more interest in GA than MW it doesn't matter to me... either place is fine.

CRV_Becca

NorCal Honda Fiend
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
project_jdm said:
how much r the tickets now. last time i went it was 3 yrs ago.
At Marine World - Reg price is $43.00 a pop. If I get 15 or more going it's 50% off ... so that's $21.50 a piece... plus I've got a guy who can get us free or discounted parking. Interested? Let me know...

Vallejo_raider

i am mr. fobster
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EluSive2K said:

DING*DING*DING we have a winner! yea i think six flags sucks ass! only reason i go there sometimes is cuz i get in for free....and free parking and for the funnel cake also i live here in vallejo so six flags is nothing so great anymore. but great america SOUNDS GREAT! but watever lemme know the plan.

CRV_Becca

NorCal Honda Fiend
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for those who have expressed an interest. Unfortunately I think this meet's going to have to be postponed till next spring to get more folks involved. I need a minimum of 15, and so far I have 9. I think I'll have better luck if I try again later.

Thanks again, guys...

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You should try and hold it at a real amusement park like cedar point in ohio... lol

maybe that will help your turnout?????? ha ha ha, j/p u did a hella job getting it together.. you cali peeps are non existant these days... :(

CRV_Becca

NorCal Honda Fiend
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
You should try and hold it at a real amusement park like cedar point in ohio... lol

maybe that will help your turnout?????? ha ha ha, j/p u did a hella job getting it together.. you cali peeps are non existant these days... :(
Man... you have no idea... we're the ones that took a CRX from Sacramento to Maine last year... unfortunately we didn't have time to stop at Cedar Point like I wanted to. If I lived closer to Ohio, then heck yeah, I'd love to have a meet there. But since I am where I am... I have to do the best I can with what we have nearby.

*shrugs* I guess people have other stuff going on... it's okay... it'd probably be a little nipply outside in Sept. I'll post up again in March or April and see if we can get this going again. 8)