Driver's Side E-brake Cable

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The driver's side emergency brake cable on my em1 is probably stretched? I'm not sure but my emergency brake is too loose and moves up and down while I'm driving, causing the brake light to come on in the dash. Also, when the emergency brake is pulled it doesn't even lock up my driver's side rear tire at all.

What I'm wondering is where is a good place to buy a replacement? I found one for about $37 at http://www.drivewire.com/vehicle/2000-honda-civic/parking-brake-cable/ but I already know that the cheapest isn't always the best choice when buying things for your car...any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I bought Honda OEM cables for mine.

Did you try adjusting the tension? It's located underneath the arm rest. But if one side is too loose and the other is too tight, trying to tighten the tension won't really help too much....

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I tried to adjust the tension, but the one on the drivers side is so loose I have to constantly lock up the e-brake to get it to work lol. How much was it to get OEM and where'd you get them from?

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I just ordered the left side wire from there, lets hope it works =) Thanks John!

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just google for a how to on rear disc conversion for ur car. U have to change the ebrake cables out for that so I would imagine that someone would show how to get it off.